We booked in advance for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary for 25 people including 4 toddlers. We requested the Mill Suite which is just off the main dining room but a private room for a small function. When we arrived the room looked lovely and was set up as one large dining table it was very impressive. We pre ordered food and requested a few other small things such as highchairs and the children's main meals to come out with the starters etc and they did not fail to meet any of our requests.
The staff were all fantastic and very accommodating, one staff member even offered to push my baby of 3 months around the room in the pushchair whilst we ate our lunch as she was screaming.
The food was delicious, everyone had either roast beef, lamb or pork along with starters and deserts
We had the meal booked for 1pm and left the hotel at gone 4pm and were never made to feel like they wanted us to leave.
For a small function/get together it was ideal and the food was delicious. Will come back again very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riverside House Hotel is set on the picturesque banks of the river Lark and is located in the attractive historic town of Mildenhall. Despite undergoing a complete renovation in 2010, this 18th-century building has maintained its beautiful period features and is now bursting with a contemporary, modern charm. If you require spacious conference facilities for all your business related events, private dinners, weddings, parties, or summer barbecues, our picturesque grounds, stylish rooms and finest local cuisine, the Riverside House is the perfect venue. The hotel is situated near to the A11 and provides our guests with good access to all the local areas such Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Newmarket, Thetford and Cambridge - so whether you are looking for a relaxing break, a day at Newmarket races or wanting to find out more about this historic town and its surrounding villages, the Riverside House Hotel is the perfect location from which to venture. Mildenhall is host to a number of first class sporting events; our local football team is fast climbing the ranks of the semi-professional league, our cricket team boasts one of the finest grounds in the county and is host to a number of minor county games during the summer and for the more aquatic minded there is an excellent pool 5 minutes from the hotel. The Riverside has its own floodlit, 2 court petanque (boules) court in the garden for everyone to enjoy (except some Monday nights when we play in the local league. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Riverside House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Hotel Mildenhall
- Riverside House Hotel Mildenhall, England