My wife and I had our wedding reception at The Riverside in August 2011 and thought that a review was long overdue.
From the very start Ged and Maggie who run the hotel were fantastic, they listened to what we wanted, gave us ideas and provided us with the perfect day.
My wife did most of the planning with Ged and they worked through things together meeting regularly prior to the day which gave us peace of mind that everything was in hand.
We have a large family and were at the limit of what the hotel restaurant can hold but the food served to a high standard without dealy at any point and no one had to wait to be served for drinks.
The waiting staff were great and all of the rooms were prepared well, clean and spacious.
The day went without a hitch and Ged, Maggie and Suzanne worked tirelessly during the day to make sure that everything ran smoothly.
The location of the hotel next to the river and with its well looked after and colourful gardens makes for the ideal setting for wedding photos. There is plently of seating outside and the patio has plently of room as does the area next to the river itself.
Breakfast the next day was lovely, overlooking the gardens and again good service and nice food.
I have nothing but good things to say both about the staff and the hotel in general, we regularly visit the hotel for meals and drinks and have never had a bad meal during our dozens of visits.
The party night are also very good and lots of fun. We have had Christmas day lunch at the hotel for the last two years running and will be returning again this year.
Hope they keep up the great work they have been doing sice the hotels renovation a couple of years ago.
Thanks again to Ged and Maggie for laying on a wonderful day for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riverside House Hotel is set on the picturesque banks of the river Lark and is located in the attractive historic town of Mildenhall. Despite undergoing a complete renovation in 2010, this 18th-century building has maintained its beautiful period features and is now bursting with a contemporary, modern charm. If you require spacious conference facilities for all your business related events, private dinners, weddings, parties, or summer barbecues, our picturesque grounds, stylish rooms and finest local cuisine, the Riverside House is the perfect venue. The hotel is situated near to the A11 and provides our guests with good access to all the local areas such Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Newmarket, Thetford and Cambridge - so whether you are looking for a relaxing break, a day at Newmarket races or wanting to find out more about this historic town and its surrounding villages, the Riverside House Hotel is the perfect location from which to venture. Mildenhall is host to a number of first class sporting events; our local football team is fast climbing the ranks of the semi-professional league, our cricket team boasts one of the finest grounds in the county and is host to a number of minor county games during the summer and for the more aquatic minded there is an excellent pool 5 minutes from the hotel. The Riverside has its own floodlit, 2 court petanque (boules) court in the garden for everyone to enjoy (except some Monday nights when we play in the local league. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Riverside House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Hotel Mildenhall
- Riverside House Hotel Mildenhall, England