Appletree Cottages(Barton Mills)
  • Restaurant
Bell Cottage(Barton Mills)
$66
$64
The Bull Inn(Barton Mills)
Free cancellation until 07/27
Book now, pay at stay
$138
Travelodge Barton Mills(Barton Mills)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
Lord Mayor's Cottage(Barton Mills)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfor sunday luncholde worldesea basscountry house hotelroaring firestayed nightsvisiting newmarketkarlweddingplugbeamswaitresssuffolk
Reviewed October 16, 2015 via mobile

I recently stayed for four nights after booking online. And found the staff friendly and the hotel warm and welcoming. After staying in many large chain hotels i found Worlington Hall a pleasant change. It's a place full of character and charm. I found the staff are only too happy to make your stay a good one. And i will definately be staying there again in future. Well done.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
3  Thank John S
Worlington, General Manager at Worlington Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2015

Hi There,
Thank you so much to taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thankyou for your kind comments. The team aims to give the best service possible and good to get some feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2015

There is nothing wrong with the scope of the building or its location. Similarly, the staff who have only been there a very short time, are excellent.
The decor and fabric of the building needs some fairly serious investment as does the furniture and beds.
The manager, is a very able chap and a very good chef too. The success of the hotel will hinge on the owners backing his ambition for the hotel.
Excellent breakfast!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main road until the glazing is improved. Some rooms have weak WiFi
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnHouston54
Worlington, General Manager at Worlington Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Its lovely to see our hard work and enthusiasm does not go un noticed and i will forward this to the relevant powers that be in regards to the improvements that are so obviously needed.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 12, 2015 via mobile

I booked a room at this hotel as I was in the area for business. I am in no way fussy when staying at hotels and really just expect a good meal and a comfortable room. The whole hotel smelled like strong air freshener, which was covering odours, and was so overpowering it made me feel very unwell. There was also so much dusty clutter, ornaments and tat everywhere. I thought that I could get past that, so went down for a meal in the dining room, where 1960 party music was playing, and I was served a meal which tasted off (I only had one bite). I felt so unwell, I explained to the person behind the desk, got my bags and left. This hotel has so much potential, but it just gives the impression that no one cares. I will never be back!

Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank KatyWoosie
Worlington, General Manager at Worlington Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2015

Hi there, Thankyou for taking the time to write a review. i do remember your booking and the fact that you found the smell of the lavender air freshener that was used extremely strong, we did check together 3 other rooms to see if you would be happy with any of those but unfortunately they were not suitable. It is a very old building with alot of old fashioned furniture in keeping with the style of the building, Obviously this doesnt excuse the fact if you found them dusty for which i apologise and will look into.
I remember discussing the menu with you in the restaurant as you could not find anything suitable to choose so i suggested to make you something from scratch so as to avoid garlic, herbs etc.

When i checked back on you, you did say everything was fine but you were feeling unwell. when you decided to check out you were not charged for any of the room or for the meal.

I hope you found somewhere suitable and apologise if your experience here was not a good one. We are in the process of upgrading the hotel and we have worked hard in giving the down stairs function rooms a make over and are aware that attention needs to be made in the rooms to bring some of them more up to date.
I and my staff do care about every guest and the experience they have so apologies again if we fell short.

regards

Worlington Hall

Reviewed September 11, 2015

New management and staff in the hotel couldn't have been more helpful for our Silver Wedding Anniversary weekend. Lovely flowers, champagne, and card waiting in our room on arrival. Decent breakfast, cosy bar, hotel full of character, comfy room. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank richie p
Worlington, General Manager at Worlington Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2015

Thankyou so much for taking the time to review your trip with us.
The team is working hard to turn the place around and get it back to its former glory and its great to get such positive feedback.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. hopefully see you again before your golden anniversary.

Reviewed September 7, 2015

Very warm and friendly welcome from the new Manager/Chef with plans for ongoing development of a beautiful country hotel with good access to the major roads and local community. Whilst the rooms are a bit dated and in need of some tlc, the beds were comfortable and facilities are basic but adequate. We stayed in a road side room with some audible road noise, which could have been prevented if the windows would have closed better. The staff more than made up for these few shortcomings with their friendly and attentive nature, with nothing seeming to be too much trouble. It was great that the chef was prepared to cook for us upon our return from Newmarket races quite late into the evening...and the food was lovely!! Will definitely return for another visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the property overlook extensive grounds.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
4  Thank Debbienick2000
Worlington, General Manager at Worlington Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Like you said in your review we are aware that we need investment but good to know we are getting the basics right with good service and a warm welcome. look forward to seeing you again soon.