“Never will I go here again”

Cadillac Jack's American Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cadillac Jack's American Steakhouse prides itself in serving the most authentic American Steakhouse food this side of the Atlantic. All of our smoked products are smoked onsite. Our meats are locally sourced, 28 day extra mature meats giving you the most tender and juicy steak experience for miles. We hand cut all our own fries and our desserts are also prepared by hand in our kitchen. We also stock a wide variety of American Beer, to include the popular American Craft Beers. Cadillac Jack's..."Get More Of What You Really Want"!
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Did not feel welcome when we arrived food was standard and the service was the worst I have ever had when eating out took forever to get food when not busy at all

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Food was nothing special...cook forgot to put one of our orders in the fryer. They need to work on quality over quantity on the plate... Americans are known for massive quantities but they also have tastey food at the same time.

1  Thank Bruce S
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I took my fiance there for his birthday dinner and left hungry and very disappointed. Although the service was OK, the food was WAY over-priced and tasteless. Firstly, we waited 45 minutes for our food (a salad and a rare steak) when there was only one other couple in the restaurant. When I got the salad it was nothing more than iceberg lettuce covered with one chicken breast. I could have easily gone to the store and paid a quarter of the price for the same ingredients. I then had to add my own salad toppers (onions, peppers etc) and was left upset that there was no cheese option. Secondly, my fiance had ordered a steak rare and it came almost well done. The server was kind enough to bring us a new one, but we ended up waiting another 10 minutes for his food and I was already done eating. In the end, we ended up paying almost 45 pounds and were VERY VERY unsatisfied. I would NOT recommend this restaurant and will not return.

1  Thank Kat S
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We looked at this restarant as somewhere to go for xmas to meet up with some good friends and was all looking forward to it.We had booked a table for approx 12 of us.We arrived at the venue and it looked great.We went to get our drinks to find out that despite having the pumps that they only served bottled beers and drinks.I asked for a lemonade and cranberry.When my drink arrived it was more like lemonade with a hint of pink in it could not taste the canberry at all and had to ask for it to redone.

We took our seats at the table looked though the menu i did think it was a little pricey however if the food is good youu dont mind paying that little bit extra.We looked around and noticed that their was only 2 other tables eating which for a Saturday night around 7:30 was not looking good.(We should have known then).

We all ordered our foods we waited some time and at last the food came out (hooray).We were so hungry by this point.All meals came out very slowly i would say about 2 minutes or so after each other.I was sitting waiting for my meal and i waited and waited some more a good 15 minutes went passed and i was the only one with no food.

While i was still waiting for my food a friends who had ordered a staek well done had pink and blood coming from his this was sent back to kitchen. Then another one of party sent his steak back which clearly looked like frying steak sent his back due to this being cold.

Both of the party received thier meals back one steak cooked a little better and the other reheated.I on the other hand still had not received my meal.Everyone had nearly finished my husband happened to say to the waitress where is my wife food to which she replied (i dont know its coming)My husband was angry and said what type of customer service is this to which she just shruged and walked away.

My meal came out after everyone had finished eating.At this point they did say they would not charg me for my meal.This is not the point the customer service was shocking to say the least.

Everyone had said their meal was either cold or overcooked.We all eat out quite regular as a group and i can honestly say we have never sent food back or complained.At the end of the meal one of the party made a complaint regarding the meal.The manager came out and took 10% the meal but not everyones meal and i got mine free due to me having to wait a good 30 mins after everyone had started thiers.

Such a shame we were all looking forward to this meal so much and was dissapointed.We left just after 9 and went to the warrener in thetford for derserts and drink to try and enjoy the rest of the evening as we could not stand to be in thier any longer.

I must say the staff were lovely but so needed better training such a waste of an evening.

1  Thank 834joanneh
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Where do I start...?
There was no beer on tap when our group arrived, so that set the evening off to a great start. The place was very cold, even tho' there was a fire burning in one corner. One of our group asked for a cranberry juice and lemonade, and the cranberry juice was measured out in a thimble!
We waited for 15 minutes for waiters to come over to take our order, and told us what WAS NOT on the menu.
After a wait, the food came out. One well done stake was still bleeding, and most of the food was cold. A pork stake was so hard, it was impossible to chew, and one of our team waited so long for her food, most of the others had finished when it arrived.
We spoke to someone, who agreed to take 10% of the bill, but after the maths was done when we left, this was not the case.
I would not recommend this place to anyone, pop around the corner to KFC, at least you know what you are going to get there...

1  Thank paul7469