“Sizewell Beach Cafe”

Sizewell Tea
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Leiston
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are currently closed for our winter break and will reopen on March 10th. A simple cafe by the beach. We look forward to seeing you soon again in the spring, Joe and Suzanne.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great place for a breakfast, lunch or tea... any time of year. I live fairly locally and drive to the beach to walk my dog. I often buy a takeaway latte on arrival and enjoy sitting on the beach drinking it before setting off on a lovely walk. This is a glorious beach - despite the proximity of Sizewell A and B.. and soon to be C. Always a friendly welcome. I have been popping in for the past 4 years or so and have taken visitiors there. I do think it has benefited from the recent sanding down of inside tables.. which were in dire need of it (the old varnish had got rather sticky to the touch because of age). I ache to redecorate the place - it is in a small fishing village and would lend it self to decoration along those sort of lines - but with a modern twist. I think it wouldn't put off local people but would bring in more visitors if promoted correctly.. but as a previous reviewer mentioned - profit has to be high enough to enable that. It is clean and the food reasonably priced and comforting before or after a walk. A little gem in my opinion. I frequent Sizewell all year round and have enjoyed lovely homemade soups on freezing winter days when its been far too cold to actually walk on the beach (I am talking about feeling like my face was freezing off) and on very hot sunny days. The atmosphere is happy and friendly. I highly recommend this cafe as one of the best in the country. I wish the management great success.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Nestling in the shadows of two nuclear power stations, this cafe is simply stunning. Superb English breakfasts and everything else besides. Well worth the journey which will not leave you disappointed.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Reasonable price in an area that relies very much upon intrepid visitors. More visitors might create greater profit which could lead to improved ambiance.

1  Thank njnb
SizeweII_Tea, Owner at Sizewell Tea, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Many thanks for your review and we are glad that you appreciated that the café offers good value for money.
I regret that you were not more enamoured with the café’s offerings, however since your visit the café is under new ownership. We now are now proud to use only the highest quality ingredients in our breakfasts and lunches, and we source all of our meat and fish from local producers, our cakes and scones are homemade and the coffee freshly ground.
I am sure that most of our visitors would be flattered to be described as intrepid, however I can assure you that even the most craven individuals can (and have!) ventured into the wilds of Sizewell and come out alive!
With Aldeburgh and Thorpeness a couple of miles South, and Walberswick and Southwold to the North, Sizewell is undeniably often overlooked, however it is this lack of attention that means the village remains largely unspoilt by tourist activity and offers some of the best walking, cycling and dog-walking on the Suffolk coast.
We're all for increased visitor numbers (and most definitely greater profits!) and we will certainly always aim to improve the ambiance in the cafe. We currently offer: free Wi-Fi, A selection of newspapers and magazines, board games, a radio almost permanently tuned into BBC 6 Music and of course Joe or Suzanne are always willing to engage in some witty banter (if it means they can avoid the washing up for another 10 minutes!)
If you ever are ever over this way again take another look, Suzanne and I have had the Cafe since Easter and we have been steadily but surely making improvements as we settle in. Our 'things to do' list is always growing and we welcome any further suggestions via Tripadvior, Facebook or our website!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Perfect for a battery recharge after plenty of fresh air in the area. Great service, and brilliant jacket potatoes!!!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

If you love a full english breakfast on the dunes at Sizewell then you can do no better than this little gem. Fast service, hot delicious food and somewhere to walk it off afterwards. Only downside for me was the amount of flies in the cafe, but overall well worth a visit.