“good stay”

Travelodge Haverhill Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Had a nice stay when working in Haverhil the hotel was very clean quiet and the staff were very helpfully friendly and welcoming self service breakfast was nicely presented the internet access I found was expensive as most similar hotels have free access for guests , and to buy an hour's internet to check your mail which has to be used all at once once you have logged in rather than small sessions just to check one's mail ,was a bit of a rip of f ,saying this I would certainly stay again and recommend this hotel to anyone ...

Room Tip: All rooms good try and get one on the front entrance side as there is a huge twenty four hour indust...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Valued Guest, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for completing a Trip Advisor review. I am really pleased that you liked our facilities. We appreciate your feeback about the wifi charges and will discuss this at the next review meeting. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stay at very many hotels throughout the year & can honestly say that the Days Inn Hotel at Haverhill is by far the best hotel on my list. The Manager & staff are all fantastic, friendly & nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are looked after well by the housekeeping team & breakfast is great.
Whenever I work in the area the Days Inn becomes my second home. Thanks Guys

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. Your kind comments are really appreciated and have been passed onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year. Have a fantastic Christmas from every one at Days Inn Haverhill. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stay on average 10 nights a month in accommodation in the uk. This has been the worst in the past 12 months.

The good points
A) I was staying only one night
B) I had paid cash the night before so staff did not have to beat me up to make me pay. Otherwise I would have left without paying it was that bad

The mediocre
The rooms were ok - but a little smelly
Beds were like trampolines
No baths the shower has not enough force.

The bad
The breakfast was inedible. The hotel manager agreed with me that they should probably not attempt to do a hot option given the amount of complaints they get about it.
The eggs are made from some type of reconstituted powder. The croissants were stale. The sausage was cooked hours beforehand and was shrivelled. There was and never is bacon.
The continental option was tinned grapefruit segments and one pot of yogurt
The coffee is Mae from one of those dispensing machines that some people now pay huge money for to create a retro 60's-70's room along with an original whirlitzer and a pinball machine

The downright unacceptable
The attitude of staff and management
We booked a room on bed and breakfast for 70£ single rate and £80 for a twin. All the staff agreed that the breakfast was not acceptable. The manager agreed that she had never even tasted the 'egg type product'
But they would to accept that this should in anyway be merited a compensation. They stated that breakfast was complimentary - ignoring the law that when sold as a package all parts of the package have a monetary value and that company policy was not to ever give a discount (probably easier that way than having to compensate a huge number of guests - as would be the case)
I asked that someone in head office contact me. No one did.
I expect no one will.
I asked of all the staff 'is this the best you can do?'
Apparently it is.
I wonder is the entire days chain as useless and uncaring

Room Tip: Pick a good room by taking one not in this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kevin_One_Man_Show
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Sirs,

I was sorry to read that you felt we did not care about your disappointment in our breakfast provision.

At reception I listened to your concerns and promised to carry out a full investigation and get back to you by e-mail. Your colleague kindly gave me a business card so I was able to do this. To which you responded that I had 24hours to do so or you would post a disparaging review on Trip Advisor. We rarely have guest complaints but it is our policy to always carry out a full investigation and to get back to the guest with a resolution ASAP. An e-mail response was sent within the required time scale, and a refund for what we would have charged for 3 breakfasts if you were not a guest of the hotel, was made as a gesture of goodwill. I also agreed to investigate your suggestion of reverting back to only providing a continental breakfast buffet.

I carried out a full investigation with the team. I believe when you raised your comments with the team about where was the fried eggs and bacon we explained that we do not offer these items as part of our continental or hot buffet selection. I understand that if that was what you desired this would be annoying. Then you expressed your dislike of our scrambled egg so my colleague cooked you some fresh scrambled egg even though breakfast had concluded. Fresh sausages were also put in the oven. Breakfast timings were extended to enable you and your colleagues to have breakfast.

We appreciate that the hot selection we offer (locally produced fresh sausages, Heinz baked beans, hash browns and scrambled egg) cannot be classed as a 'full English'. This is why on the Days Inn website it is described as a 'free continental breakfast'. The decision to add the hot selection to our continental breakfast (fruit juice, fresh fruit, various choices of tea, coffee and hot chocolate, croissants, pain au chocolat, Danish's, toast, preserves, a choice of yoghurts, muffins, grapefruit segments and sweet muffins) was made following guest feedback that they would like a hot selection added, demonstrating that we do indeed take all guest feedback seriously.

My colleague informed me that he gave you a tour of the hotel rooms before you made your reservation with us. The room type you viewed was the room type you booked in, the beds we use are a high quality Hypnos bed and the bathroom for this particular room type does have a shower. There are other room types available if you had requested a bath. When these additional dislikes were identified in the Trip Advisor feedback I immediately arranged for the Housekeeper to check the bed and the shower.

Rest assured we take all customer feedback seriously and are extremely disappointed to read that you did not think this to be the case. If we did not respond to customer feedback or take pride in our hotel we would not have received the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2013.

Best Regards
Donna Revell

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Size of the room was all right, however dark. Bed was really comfortable. Awkward hangins for clothes. Light switch not very visible. You can hear people in other rooms talking. Nice smell in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear valued guest, I appreciate you taking the time to complete a trip advisor review. I have taken on-board your comments. I have had a meeting recently with our supplier of light bulbs to highlight that the energy saving bulbs do not seem very bright. We are now in the process to changing these over and they do seem to be a lot better. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Second time here and happy again. Decent price when booking in advance and paying upfront, friendly staff, breakfast fine, plenty of parking. The pub next door won't win any prizes but its OK. Days Inn is without a doubt Haverhills best hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, we really do appreciate you taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review and thank you for your kind comments. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Donna Revell General Manager.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The service was excellent, the room was crisp and clean and the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. The king-size bed was a full size north American king. The setting isn't the most picturesque but you get everything you could want for a good night’s sleep and you are treated to a friendly face when you arrive and when you leave. All this for a great price. Thanks for making our stay in Haverhill more enjoyable than the night of horror in the first hotel we stayed in!.

Room Tip: The corner room we had on the secon floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We were really pleased to be able to accommodate you following on from the awful incident in Cambridge. I will pass your comments onto our team who will appreciate the feedback. I hope you are able to enjoy your remaining time in the UK. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

First ever stay in a Day's Inn...and I was actually quite impressed. The rooms were clean, spacious and well equipped with an enormous and comfortable bed. The bathroom was very roomy with a large walk-in shower. Even the continental breakfast impressed with a good choice, including a hot option.
If wifi had been free, then I'd have awarded four stars - for a budget chain £3 for 2 hours is a bit exorbitant!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your first visit to a Days Inn hotel and hope you choose to stay with us again. Many thanks for your feedback. Donna Revell General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
Travelodge Cambridge Fourwentways
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park
16 mi away
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge
Travelodge Cambridge Lolworth
Travelodge Cambridge Central Hotel
Travelodge Cambridge Swavesey

Been to Travelodge Haverhill Hotel? Share your experiences!