“It's the little things”

Travelodge Haverhill Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stopped at this place overnight while attending a wedding at the nearby Sturmer Hall. Hotel pitched at the budget end of the market although the advertised rate if £98 per night was on the steep side for a budget, luckily we had booked early at a reduced cost. However the hotel was half empty and I know several other guests at the wedding would have stopped but saw the price escalating the closer it got to the date. I can understand a hotel removing discounts as they fill up but even when they have so many empty rooms...
The room itself was fine and generally clear apart from a couple of little issues, one of the mugs had lipstick still on it and was coated in dried on sugar. Something housekeeping should have picked up on. Also one of the bed side lights was not working so again housekeeping hadn’t reported it or maintenance hadn’t fixed it. Without these little things it’s easy for a budget room to start looking like a grotty room.
Staff very helpful and breakfast was better than we expected with sausage and scrambled eggs not just the continental we were expecting.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RussellJesson
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review for our hotel. Your feedback is utilised to help us improve our offering. I was really pleased you liked the addition of the hot items to the continental buffet breakfast. I was disappointed to read about the lipstick and sugar on the mug and have highlighted this to our Housekeeper. I have personally checked the bedside light to ensure it has been fixed. Once again, many thanks for completing a review. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Haverhill Hotel

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

It's a nice place to stay I'd your visiting friends of family, the rooms are spotless, you've got the usual kettle, t.v and a nice en-suite, beds are comfy and if you have any issues the staff are more than willing to help sort them out, as its located on on edge of town, it's on the edge of a industrial estate, there's nothing nearby and it's about a 20 minute walk to the town centre or 5 mins by car, defiantly one of the best places to stay, plus the breakfast is really nice even if you do have to pay extra for it

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Chris L
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. Feedback from our guests is appreciated. Myself and the team are pleased you liked the hotel and hope to see you again soon. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager

Reviewed February 9, 2013

It was a pleasure to stay here . We had booked here as we were attending my nephews wedding in Halstead nearby . Very comfortable , clean & efficient friendly staff . Bar area excellent and was great to be able to go to the Harvester nearby for an evening meal . Would definitley stay here again & recommend !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank margyrose
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip advisor review, your feedback is appreciated. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will let the team know. Best Regards Donna Revell General Manager.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is not my first time at the hotel but I just wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting my family in the town. The staff are always excellent and the rooms are always spotless. Added bonus this morning at breakfast was the additional hot food choice, made my day.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Petaf82

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I will pass your comments onto the hotel teams. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Donna Revell, General Manager.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at the above hotel on Chirstmas night ,the hotel was very busy with very little staff on duty.The breakfast times were too early for a Boxing Day i.e. 7am to 9 am, with most of the guests trying to have breakfast at 8 30am. The one member of staff I spoke to was not very helpful when I asked if they were going to replenish the breakfast bar I was told that as it was 8.50am they would not be replenishing and there was very little choice left. The toilet roll holder in our en suite room was loose and crashed down on to the tiled floor . When I paid the bill and mentioned these points to the member of staff his attitude was very abrasive and gave the impression he just wanted the guests to leave so he could finish clearing the dining area and get off duty.

Room Tip: Inspect room before accepting as we had a back room and were kept awake by extractor fan noise which...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colin h
DAYSINNHAVERHILL, General Manager at Travelodge Haverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

I have held a meeting with the team members on duty on Christmas Day with reference to the difficulties that you experienced with our breakfast and the faulty toilet roll holder in the bedroom. Our Maintenence Manager has personally checked that this is now in full working order.

I do sincerely apologise for the difficulties you experienced whlist stayin with us.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Donna Revell - General Manager.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here with my mother who has mobility problems.. I enquired about having a easy access (disabled) room with twin beds but,was told they only had them as doubles( we really didn't feel like cuddling up) and so had to opt for a normal room.
The hand and shower wash is provided in those tubes on the wall that require a lot of strength to action,the one in the shower didn't have enough in either.Are we the only guests who find these things difficult to use?
I understand that due to reducing energy consumption the heating is only operational once it is activated with movement in the room.Hence the cold and unwelcoming feel to the room on entering not made any more pleasant by seeing one miserable looking pillow on the bed(there was a second in the wardrobe).Neither of us slept well and for the price I was disappointed,saying that the staff were absolutely lovely.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here before a friends wedding in a village 7 miles away - we stayed there with 6 other couple friends. Plenty of space for cars, rooms quite big and clean, but nothing special. Tea making facilities, split single hard beds, but clean, pretty much standard, but slightly better than some Premier Travel Inns (rooms a bit bigger). Bar staff were a bit complacent but friendly when chatted to. The only down side was that there was nowhere to hang a towel in the bathroom. One of the friends did get annoyed that there was no fry-up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank IndependentGirl32
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
Travelodge Cambridge Fourwentways
Travelodge Cambridge Orchard Park
Travelodge Cambridge Central Hotel
Travelodge Newmarket Road Cambridge
Travelodge Cambridge Swavesey
Travelodge Cambridge Lolworth

Been to Travelodge Haverhill Hotel? Share your experiences!