“Excellent !!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Having changed ownership recently fludyers goes from strength to strength , nice ambience, great food, good beer and wine list good , so enjoy

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our lunch here added to the perfect summer's day on the beach. The restaurant was busy (glad I had booked a table) but the service was very good. It is always nice to see a manager in attendance. The food was delicious and with generous portions...specially the "whale" and chips! It was a proper piece of fish, not thickly coated in batter. Other dishes were tasty and imaginative. We are looking forward to coming again soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We went for a family meal today, after I had to ask where our food was it finally arrived after at least an hour apparently they'd had problems with another table, they should have come and explained that! When the food arrived I must say it was fantastic, however yet again the service was poor they took ages to clean plates, dessert again took ages and then they forgot one of desserts but because nobody checked I had to go and find someone. We would have had more wine as well but nobody came and asked! It's such a shame it has so much promise but without good service we won't be going again! The excellent outside space and location will draw people in in the summer, but If the service stays the same I think they will struggle in winter! Please sort it out, I really want it to work!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

service? what service.... had plenty of staff on...seemed like they didn't have a clue what they were doing... feel liked nobody was actually happy to be working there... and serving me and my wife... also ate here.. food very bland... not very exciting at all... such a shame as is a nice spot... but way overpriced for what it is..

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our guest ordered a San Miguel and I asked to see wine list but arrived slowly.. in fact the lager arrived beforehand..then ordered a bottle of red and a glass of white..and our meals

my starter arrived within 1-2 minutes of ordering.. no wine yet..

a glass of white wine arrived.. still no bottle of red..

I asked 5 minutes later about it after stopping eating my starter due to no drink..'Oh its coming" was the response..

Wine arrived after I chased..it was then spilt on the table..no apology for delay

Mains arrived at different stages..no one asked after a couple of minutes if everything was ok or we needed anything.. in fact we had to raise our hands and practically announce ourselves across the room..

We were then asked if we wanted desserts.. we ordered 3... 2 turned up.. waited 5 minutes and then asked again where it was..was told "its just coming" again no apology
When it arrived I asked whether it had been forgotten, I was told, no.."this just came through as a single order" so I suggested it should be removed from the bill at the end..

Bill arrived and of course we were charged for it, so I again suggested that it be taken off the bill as good will without raising any of the other issues we had..."I can't do anything about it as it came out 2 minutes after everyone else's" who can then, I asked.."the manager is dealing with a hotel issue" so I explained he would have to deal with it then and it was forgotten as the previous waiter had said it was a single order...

We then heard the plate that the bill was brought on been thrown across the back room for some reason.. the bill came back.. again no apology or we have amended your bill.. just thrown on the table..

SHOCKING SERVICE

Perhaps the owners are expanding too fast and not concentrating on any service..

3  Thank GrosProp