“Poor discription”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Felixstowe
Suffolk Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just got back from my weekend break at Sufolk Sands, It only has caravans, no resturant or swiming pool. I was told the club house and pool are at sister site , out of main entrance 10- 15 minute walk down main road left at lights over railway crossing then its on the left. Walk to rear of site to find pool and resturant, bar. To far for a family to walk home after 10pm from night out. As very limited parking at sister site
My site was very cramped with caravans . also noisy from the docks ALL NIGHT. No amenities and no sleep, not a great break.

Room Tip: I would not advise going here with your family
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank John B
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Suffolk Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Many thanks for your review of Suffolk Sands following on from your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the parks location and facilities.

The park is advertised as being without facilities, and guests can make use of the sister parks' amenities if they wish.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Booked a 4 night stay at Suffolk Sands Holiday Park in Sept 2013.Had driven some 200 miles from where I live. Arrived at 2.30pm and was told that caravan keys were not ready as caravans were being cleaned. However was disconcerted a little to see how close to the Port the caravans were and next to an Industrial Estate, but thought that hopefully my caravan may be overlooking the sea and sand as in main photo of this site - a completely misleading photo. I was given vouchers and told where their other sister site was. I was horrified at that site, it looked a mess and caravans squashed together and right by a main road. I didn't stop to look for restaurant. Went into town and had coffee, went back to site and was shown a caravan that was not far from the reception. It was squashed between other caravans and was filthy inside. Carpet was stained, dirty and dog haired, the bedrooms were so small they looked liked
cupboards. I took one look and went back to reception to refuse to stay in it. Whilst there, there was a couple complaining about their caravan saying it was not what they had paid for (an upgrade) that they were disgusted and wanted either another caravan or their money back - they had travelled even further than I. The receptionist was helpful and sat us all down and made us a hot drink. The couple were taken off and shown another van, I was then directed to another caravan which was cleaner and bigger and I accepted,as 5pm by now and tired and wanted to unpack, and bonus was clean sheets and duvets waiting in bags. However once inside van I found all the curtains had mould spots on, the kitchen and toilet blinds were damaged, couldn't easily get the TV to work which was an old type. Couldn't light the fire easily and had to pull the guard off first. But worse of all was that the windows above the main seating area (living room) were all, apart from one window - sealed units. The one window that could have been opened had a broken handle and a missing handle so could not be opened. Thank God myself and my cousin were not there in the heatwave back in July, also surely this breaches fire regulations?
I too like others, found a carpet of cigarette butts outside of the caravan, the roads were pot-holed and muddy, the only view you had from the caravan was part of the Port and other people's caravans and gas bottles.
Would never set foot on that park again, was dismal and dreary. I have stayed in better caravans for the same price in lovely areas. I believe it also lets Felixstowe down as there are some lovely parts i.e. Old Felixstowe and the far end of the town where there are some nice restaurants and coffee places, and the beach is nice.
Disappointing stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ann B
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Suffolk Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to provide a review of Suffolk Sands following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you were not happy with the location of the park or the caravans and also that there were issues with the caravan.

We will shortly be undertaking works on the park to resurface some of the roadways, and we are also looking at some replacement caravans for our letting fleet.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Contrary to what some people have said we stayed in a gold caravan and it was very very good clean and spacious. Concerning the docks there was a little noise but didnt interrupt our sleep at all. We also visited the sister camp Felixstowe Beach and the entertainers Jade Sarah and Luke have brilliant personalities and were brilliant singers and always had a joke or two. All in all a very good holiday and will be returning next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carole F

Thank you for posting a review on Suffolk Sands and also Felixstowe Beach.

I have passed your kind comments onto the Entertainers, and we look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Staff very pleasant and welcoming, site tidy but very quiet except some nights as it is near the docks you can hear banging etc. We feel very grateful after reading recent reviews we were allocated G31 as this caravan was very nice, Thank you to the owners.However do not be fooled by sister site we had a ride and thought it looked rough apart from a few privately owned ones, club room at the bottom in my opinion much too far to walk.Overall enjoyed our few days. Near the museum and fort. Museum an absolute bargain £1 entry fee.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Glenda R
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Suffolk Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us at Suffolk Sands.

I am pleased that you were happy with the caravan that you were allocated and despite the park being quiet managed to enjoy your time in Felixstowe.

We hope to see you back on park soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were appalled at the first second we saw our allocated caravan (B20) around both doors it looked just like a carpet with all the stubbed out cigarette ends, that stuck to the soles of our shoes, so that wasn't a good impression to the start of our holiday.. OMG when we opened the door, it smelt like a dog kennel, the carpets were filthy & the seating was shiny black with dirt, off to reception I went to be told "there was no other caravans available we will send the cleaner".. when she came she said "this caravan as been cleaned & because its THE WORST CARAVAN ON THE SITE there is nothing more I can do" There was no way we were staying in that hovel... It took us 4hrs to get there from where we live but we decided to go back home so we asked for our money back, they said we have a vacant caravan on our sister site Felixstowe Beach... So off we went.. This caravan was a little better but not much, it did smell better, still dirty carpets & seating, so we used the spare duvets to cover the seats & kept our shoes on all the time... the site itself was a dump, worst holiday park we have ever been on, just glad it didn't rain whilst we were there because it would have been like a mud bath, we could see where all the grass had been previously churned up.. we spoke to another couple who were off home after 2 days of their weeks holiday, they hadn't had any electric, & nobody came to sort it.. Felixstowe was a nice resort, it was our first visit, its a shame because the only two holiday parks there badly lets the resort down, we wont be returning.. The management team need to go and look how other holiday parks are run, ie; Haven & Park Resorts, because they have no idea.. BE WARNED!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine R
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Suffolk Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Many thanks for your review following on from your recent stay with us at Suffolk Sands and Felixstowe Beach.

I am sorry that you were not happy with the parks, but thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have a 7 month old baby and we were located a caravan (NUM 1) by the main road and haulage road, of which you can appreciate is a very busy road and area 24 hours a day. The first night we was there the noise kept waking my baby up, the following morning I went to speak to reception in regards to this and asked if there was an alternative location but the staff was very unhelpful and said we had to stay where we with no explanation…

Secondly, we upgraded to silver accommodation, so why was the car van put in that location? the car van had signs of mould in the shower area and the main bedroom. also there was a smell of damp.

Thirdly, breakfast did not start till 9, this is far to late. previous resorts we have been on started at 7.30/ 8.

Fourthly, the baby swimming pool was appalling and was not warm enough to take my baby in! the website states 'family resort' which i feel does not relate to what we received.

It was the first time we have been to suffolk, the area and beach is lovely but I would NOT return to this park.

Room Tip: dont go here!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank amandaskinner2005

Many thanks for your review following on from your recent stay with us at Felixstowe Beach.

Please accept my apologies that the caravan you were allocated was not as expected and that the park team did not offer any assistance.

Breakfast has always been run at 9am here at Felixstowe - as far as I know we have never had any requests for an earlier breakfast time.

We have mostly received positive comments on the swimming pool this season, so I am sorry that it was not warm enough for your baby.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked a bronze caravan on this site due to the fact we have a dog. Unfortunately just as another one of the reviews stated we had the caravan with ripped curtains, dirty carpets, a blind that just didn't work, a remnant of carpet for a bath mat, just not good enough. On arrival the toilet did not flush, the maintenance man came out promptly to fix it and left but it broke again, in the end we had to have the lid off all week to flush it by lifting the mechanism manually. We did report these faults to reception, and although sympathetic did nothing.

I am quite appaled as this is the first time in about 10 years since I have stayed in a caravan and quite frankly the accomodation was terrible, we stayed in bronze caravans years ago which were far far more superior than this one. I expected basic but not ripped curtains and faulty goods, this is the 21st century.

We stayed between 25th June - 1st July. On the plus side we made the best of it, met some lovely people in the area, nature reserve is very nice, good dog walking.

Room Tip: Didn't see any other caravans so would not advise going
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jamesleon
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Suffolk Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Many thanks for your review on Suffolk Sands Holiday park.

I am sorry that you were not happy with the accommodation allocated to you. I have spoken with the Holiday Sales Manager and am advised that the curtains have now been replaced and the carpets deep cleaned.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Felixstowe
Carlton Meres Country Park
#3 of 5 in Felixstowe
Grange Farm House
Grange Farm House
#1 of 8 in Felixstowe

Been to Suffolk Sands Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!