“please be fair”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have enjoyed eating at the Ferry Boat on numerous occasions and I would not make the blanket statement about the staff that I have read on previous reviews.I found that they were mostly very pleasant and helpful and added to the dining out experience..I would however point the finger at one paticular lady who appeared to be undecided whether she should be curt with the customers or rude to her fellow workers,

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Have been here last year for a meal and couldn't complain, but after this last trip wouldn't be keen on returning! I ordered shredded duck Which looked lovely when presented then as I started to eat found a small piece of cardboard in my meal, which put me of the rest o my meal, went to complain to the member of staff who said she would report it to the kitchen, I waited for a apology but didn't receive one! This really is poor and put me off the going back! A bit extreme but that's what one expects when you go to a place and pay £12 for a meal!

1  Thank Louise2310
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just what you would expect, good fresh food and a cosy relaxed atmosphere. I had what I always had (grilled fish, new potatoes and veg) which was simple and faultless as ever. Nothing fancy just a typical fishermans pub :)

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a lovely cozy pub,in a beautiful location,If you visit summer or winter it is still a nice place.
The food is very good,and reanonably priced.If hot you can sit outside in the Garden,it also has a large green which is nice to sit too,I hate making negative remarks however,I do think they need to take on the comments about unfriendly staff,They look very fed up,and to greet you with a smile and hello would be good,after all it costs nothing to smile and look pleased to see you,even if they are not!
I guess the trade is always going to be good regardless,but my husband does not want to visit anymore because of this.
I work in the service industry,and it really DOES make a difference to smile.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stopped for a bite of lunch with the wife, I had the Whitebait, and she had the Cod and chips...
Both meals were very good and the service was fast and efficient.
The scenery while having lunch adds to what turned out to be a lovely luchtime break. Then a walk dokwn to the Ferry and the day is complete.