“great xmas break” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Felixstowe
CARDIFF
“great xmas break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

just back from a wonderful 5 day stay over xmas period. food from breakfast to dinner was fantastic.sevvice from staff was 5star. the owner came and talked to us and evengave us all a pre dinner drink on the 26th.we had asea view room,double bed and walk in shower all as requested room 226. THANKS to management and staff for making this a memorable stay.would have no problem with staying here again.

Room Tip: ask for sea view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WEBCARDIFF

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Grendon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We read mixed reviews about this hotel before we decided to book. We were visiting family in this area and chose this hotel for the sea view over all alternatives. I would say that this was for the children's benefit but my wife and I were equally excited!
The hotel and our rooms were clean, our room was ideal with adjoining double room with en suite shower for my wife and me, twin room with en suite bath for the children ~ both with a sea view. The staff (reception, bar and breakfast) were really good.
Our only criticism would be that; our room (my wife and I) was cold and didn't really heat up, the decor throughout the hotel is tired and the bar really needs to be dragged in to 2012 (soon 2013). My wife sent me downstairs to bring drinks an snacks back to the room.
Despite these issues, we will be returning again. In fact; we will most likely book here each time we visit family for more than just the day.

Room Tip: We had 310 (double with shower) adjoining 307 (twin with bath). If the temperature is low, make sure...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank peterernest
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We went to Felixstowe for a walk on a wintery December Sunday and saw the 3 course lunch advertised at this hotel for £11.95. There were plenty of spare tables and we choose our food from the 3 course menu. My husband had crispy prawns and I had melon with a sorbet for starters which were both delicious. We then went to the carvery where there was a choice of beef, turkey and pork which was very tasty and plenty of accompliments aswell as roast potatoes and yorkshire pudding. My only critism would be there was only a choice of 2 vegetables this is just a personal preference and would not deter me from eating here again. For dessert my husband and I both had apricot crumble which was delicious.The staff were very friendly and welcoming and we would not hesitate to eat here again on our next trip to Felixstowe.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scratbygirl
Salisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Me and my Family stayed in the Marlborough Hotel recently and we arrived to friendly and polite staff at the reception who gave us all the information we needed.
We went into our room which had a lovely view of the north sea but was spoiled by a dirty net curtain.The room was spacious and clean just like the bathroom. we did not have dinner in the restaurant because there was nicer places nearby, but we did have the breakfast the following morning, The poached egg was lovely but the continental platter wasn't nice at all, The croissant was hard and I wasn't able to cut through it and the ham had more fat than meat on it (I'm glad we had dinner elsewhere!!)But overall it was a pleasant night in the hotel. And if you are looking for a cheap hotel in the Felixstowe for a night or two then this is perfect.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel have beautiful views over the sea!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TJ_2012_TJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

It is now 12 hours since we left the hotel

I did not taste any food at this hotel as the reviews were very poor and I did not want to chance it. In fairness In the winter as there were only two staff iI would recommend that people go elsewhere for food.

The reception staff and bar staff were friendly and helpful

The room was very clean and to a good standard

The hotel could do with a refit and the floors and bed creaked a little but me and my partner found this funny, everything was in good order and I did not find anything distasteful.

The bathroom was fully functioning and water was hot, towels were plentiful and the tea facilities were adequate.

I would recommend that people give this hotel a chance it has had some terrible reviews which I think are disproportionate to how it really is for the money you pay for it

I will be returning to this hotel in a month and I will be trying out this suite which has a four poster bed with sea views.

In which we plan to have a lot of fun

• Stayed November 2012
Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We decided to stay one night here before we went home. When we arrived I was told the price I has paid for my room didn't include breakfast this was extra I wasn't told this in advance I automatically presumed breakfast was included. The room was spacious and clean and overlooking the sea. The bathroom was disappointing the net curtain was dirty and didn't fit the window the wallpaper was peeling and the floorcovering linoleum was tired and dated.
All the staff was friendly and helpful. Would I stay there again? Well I don't know it would be as a last resort.

Linda and Martin from Kent

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
46 asfordby road
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

we stayed in the suite which was very well furnished . wish it was overlooking the sea. the breakfast was excellent. we had bar food in the bar which was quick and well presented . we then decided to try their sunday carvery lunch . we quite often go to toby carvery but this was too good to be true . the staff were polite and food was not only well prepared but also the helpings were very good. they need to have more choice for vegetarians

we loved the beach and the sea side which was clean
we will come again and recommend it to our friends

Room Tip: get the sea front rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hpsmann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Felixstowe
Premier Inn Felixstowe Town Centre
Seckford Hall
Seckford Hall
#3 of 4 in Woodbridge
Salthouse Harbour Hotel

Been to Marlborough Hotel? Share your experiences!