“A night in Felixstowe”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Felixstowe
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“A night in Felixstowe”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Me and my Family stayed in the Marlborough Hotel recently and we arrived to friendly and polite staff at the reception who gave us all the information we needed.
We went into our room which had a lovely view of the north sea but was spoiled by a dirty net curtain.The room was spacious and clean just like the bathroom. we did not have dinner in the restaurant because there was nicer places nearby, but we did have the breakfast the following morning, The poached egg was lovely but the continental platter wasn't nice at all, The croissant was hard and I wasn't able to cut through it and the ham had more fat than meat on it (I'm glad we had dinner elsewhere!!)But overall it was a pleasant night in the hotel. And if you are looking for a cheap hotel in the Felixstowe for a night or two then this is perfect.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel have beautiful views over the sea!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TJ_2012_TJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed November 18, 2012

It is now 12 hours since we left the hotel

I did not taste any food at this hotel as the reviews were very poor and I did not want to chance it. In fairness In the winter as there were only two staff iI would recommend that people go elsewhere for food.

The reception staff and bar staff were friendly and helpful

The room was very clean and to a good standard

The hotel could do with a refit and the floors and bed creaked a little but me and my partner found this funny, everything was in good order and I did not find anything distasteful.

The bathroom was fully functioning and water was hot, towels were plentiful and the tea facilities were adequate.

I would recommend that people give this hotel a chance it has had some terrible reviews which I think are disproportionate to how it really is for the money you pay for it

I will be returning to this hotel in a month and I will be trying out this suite which has a four poster bed with sea views.

In which we plan to have a lot of fun

• Stayed November 2012
Kent
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We decided to stay one night here before we went home. When we arrived I was told the price I has paid for my room didn't include breakfast this was extra I wasn't told this in advance I automatically presumed breakfast was included. The room was spacious and clean and overlooking the sea. The bathroom was disappointing the net curtain was dirty and didn't fit the window the wallpaper was peeling and the floorcovering linoleum was tired and dated.
All the staff was friendly and helpful. Would I stay there again? Well I don't know it would be as a last resort.

Linda and Martin from Kent

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
46 asfordby road
Reviewed September 10, 2012

we stayed in the suite which was very well furnished . wish it was overlooking the sea. the breakfast was excellent. we had bar food in the bar which was quick and well presented . we then decided to try their sunday carvery lunch . we quite often go to toby carvery but this was too good to be true . the staff were polite and food was not only well prepared but also the helpings were very good. they need to have more choice for vegetarians

we loved the beach and the sea side which was clean
we will come again and recommend it to our friends

Room Tip: get the sea front rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hpsmann
macclesfield
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here from the 3rd to the 7th of september 2012 going on a coach trip with alfa travel.The food for breakfast and dinner was good. Good choice of menu.The only complaint I have is that there was only tepid water from the sink taps.I would stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was 205 a very difficult room to find
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank advisorMacclesfield
Stowmarket, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband, daughter and I went to the Flying boat bar, seemingly part of the Marlborough Hotel in Felixstowe, for some dinner. It was very quiet when we went in. We ordered gammon with the works, a double burger, and a ham sandwich. It was all horrid, the Gammon was off, the fat that the chips had been cooked in was old and dirty and tasted vile, even my husband complained, who normally eats anything and everything. My daughter who loves chips put a chip in her mouth then took it straight back out again, her sandwich had more fat in it than ham and the whole lot was awful. The beef burger was far from its description, my husband had one bite and couldn't eat anymore. We literally left the food as it came. We just left, will never go there again was a complete waste of money, the worst meal I have ever had. I can't comment on the Hotel side of things but if thats what the food would be like then I'd never stay thee on that basis alone. Talking to one of the two members of staff I actually saw was difficult as his English was incredibly poor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Roxanne K
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during August and it left us with a good impression. Having used extensively two and three stars hotels around Europe I can say that Marlborough was in line with our expectations. It is not a luxury hotel (so don’t except other than freeview channels on tv), the lift is small and it is a bit dated, but it checked all the essentials in our list: clean room and bed, functional bathroom, very friendly staff, decent prices, excellent location and good food for breakfast. The hotel also has an agreeable lounge, good for socializing. Overall I would recommend this hotel, especially for short stays, such as weekend breaks. Don’t forget to ask for a room with sea view, if available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gord80
Also consider these accommodations in or near Felixstowe
Premier Inn Felixstowe Town Centre
#7 of 18 in Ipswich
Wentworth Hotel
Wentworth Hotel
#1 of 4 in Aldeburgh

Been to Marlborough Hotel? Share your experiences!