“Thoroughly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Castle Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Felixstowe
Castle Lodge Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Felixstowe B&B and Inns
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly recommended”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Have just spent three very peaceful nights in this very clean and comfortable hotel. It is ideally situated near the sea front, about 4 mins walk away. All amenities in rooms, which are spotlessly clean. Extremely comfortable beds. Lovely sea view and very spacious bedroom. Breakfast was delicious with a very good selection of cereals along with fruit, yogurt etc. Lovely fresh hot toast and of course not forgetting full English cooked breakfast. Proprietors Margaret and John very friendly and gave us a warm welcome on arrival. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel and we would stay there again without any hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Avril J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We found Castle Lodge on Trip Advisor and were delighted with the subsequent experience. The comfort of the accommodation combined with the warm welcome by the owner, Margaret, created for us a wonderful base from which to move out and reunite with those whom we have known over nearly 70 years. Having come to Felixstowe in 1942 - the writer of this review being 2 at the time - we have not infrequently been disappointed by the lack of quality accommodation in the immediate vicinity. All this has been laid to rest and we now look forward to repeated return visits to Castle Lodge Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David06111940
Wallingford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We have been staying at Castle Lodge for many years and it is still as welcoming and relaxing as ever. Margaret and John are excellent hosts and the hotel itself has lots of charm. The rooms are very comfortable with all the facilities you could wish for. There are wonderful sea views from some of the rooms and it is worth asking for one of these! The breakfast is delicious with local produce being a feature. The hotel is very near the Spa Pavilion and sea front with it's great promenade and gardens.We would never stay anywhere else in Felixstowe and can highly recommend it. Thanks for another lovely stay and hope to come again really soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank wallace447
Hertfordshire
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was made most welcome by Margaret
Room large
Breakfast was yummy and had lovely chat with Margaret too
Would I stay here again YES I would
I was there to see Evening with Jonathan Ansell at very near by Spar Pavillion

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank teadrinkergooner
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I visit Felixstowe fairly frequently and the Castle Lodge is always the first place I try to book. Unfortunately as I usually only know that I am going a few day in advance I cannot always get a room. No other hotel or B & B in Felixstowe is as clean and quiet.(I have had to stay in several inferior but more expensive hotels) As a lone female I feel safe. It is in a great location. Margaret and her husband offer a friendly welcome.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank L10NEL
Birchington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We just had a great weekend at Castle Lodge Hotel. Lovely atmosphere, with charming hosts and a very clean and comfortable room.

The food was good and an added bonus was that, on request, they can cater for GLUTEN FREE diets.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank SPursey
Suffolk
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I have just come back from a stay at the Castle Lodge Hotel, Felixstowe. We had a family room with fabulous sea views & the en-suite room was very light and spacious.
I often find going away difficult as I am on a strict gluten free diet but the owners specialise in catering for gluten free, low fat and vegetarian diets and the food - especially the puddings - was excellent.
The dining room is large and homely, and in the front lounge the kids got out Scrabble & monopoloy whilst my husband & I had a drink from the bar. The owners are very friendly and didn't mind that my kids were having a rather loud time!
I'm glad we discovered this lovely gem of a hotel - just a short walk from the beach. We'll be back soon.

Room Tip: sea view rooms at the front.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jouet63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Felixstowe
The Orwell Hotel
Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
Milsoms Kesgrave Hall
#1 of 1 in Kesgrave
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to Castle Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!