“Keep up the good work Tim!!!”
Review of Cafe Bencotto

Cafe Bencotto
Ranked #10 of 104 Restaurants in Felixstowe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here many times in the past but for some reason hadn't been in for several months and I have to say we had missed it!!!
It was good to be back (Saturday night) Great atmosphere ... with the restaurant buzzing and we enjoyed a 3 course meal with a bottle of wine, coffee and brandy for less than £60 - it's rumoured that the restaurant could be up for sale soon (Prezzo opening over the road!) well Tim - don't do it - Felixstowe needs Bencotto to stay as it is!!

1  Thank 307John307

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My parents took us to this place two weeks ago. I hadn't been before but they had. You can't book, it's really busy (at least it was on this Saturday evening) and it's very noisy.

The food was ok. The anti-pasta wasn't bad at all, sort of aping the Pizza express anti-pasta but I thought it was of a bit higher quality (though I did notice the home-made? garlic mayonnaise had started to go yellow on top, indicating it had been out and about for a few hours prior to arriving at the table). The waitress told me that the chef made the quince jam himself, which I wasn't expecting here. I had a pizza for my main course, which I found decent grub. My partner had the paella - the bit of which that I tasted reminded me of those old "bachelors savoury rice" things you could get years and years ago. Horrid.

Drinks weren't very fast coming - I'm guessing because the staff are light on the ground for the sheer weight of customers (this place must be a gold mine!), but the service itself was pleasant, efficient, and welcoming.

Being near the mandatory smoking area was a bit rubbish (make them walk around in the street), but the food was pretty nice and we all had a good time. I would go back.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I can't fault the food at Bencotto but for value it's not that good, particularly as they don't do a kid's set menu. Portion sizes are quite small also. Perhaps the soon-to-open Prezzo across the road, with their similar menu, regular offers and kid's fixed price menu might focus the attention a little?

Reviewed February 20, 2013

For a Tuesday evening in a quite town this restaurant was very busy (maybe because not too much competition)
Has a modern and welcoming feel , the service was good, not too obtrusive, but there when needed.
There were 6 of us eating and we all enjoyed the food, the anchovy starter was excellent.
I had the paella as a main course,( which is unusual to find in a restaurant serving Italian style food), lots of mussels.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Generally the service is excellant , even when busy, The menu could change a little more often fo regular diners , so always check out the specials board