Tripadvisor

Ranked #11 of 121 Restaurants in Felixstowe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ground floor Café Bar; breakfast, brunch, meals, snacks, fresh coffees, cakes, full range of bar drinks and cocktails. Heated patio overlooking promenade and sea. First floor Brasserie (lift access), full a la carte menu plus set lunch menu available noon to 2:30pm Mon-Fri. Panoramic sea views.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Most weekends we head to the seafront at Felixstow and take our dog for a walk and swim. We always stop off at the Alex for breakfast. It is a friendly cafe with great food. Great service and great staff.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (874)

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

I had reserved a table at the Alex for my husband and myself for New Year’s Day. This restaurant is one of our favourites. We also like Bencottos which is also excellent. The staff are always very pleasant and the atmosphere here is very relaxing. We selected the Roast lamb and Roast beef dishes. They were both so tender and delicious. We usually visit on a Saturday with friends, therefore we had never experienced the Roasts. We’ll be back on a Sunday. Thank you to the Alex for a fabulous meal.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

We have been here twice, once on a Friday and one midweek. The staff are very attentive, we’ve not tried the food yet but we will be back. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

We were visiting relations in Felixstowe and called into the Alex for a drink it was a really lovely place with excellent views

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 30, 2019 via mobile

Toasted sandwich was good, the cheese was lovely. But I think I prefer the ham plain with poached eggs - but that’s personal taste as my son and his gf prefer the ham in the toastie.

The onion chutney was to die for... and a nice combination in the toasty.

I have also tried their Thai fish cakes and that too is amazing. I just cannot fault their food at all.

Young man, with sleeve on left arm was very accommodating, as I was unwell today, he put my ice cream on tab to save me having to get up. I well appreciated that. The caramel fudge Ive cream was £5.95 but I am addicted.

I love the food and the service here, I could just sit here all day. I always make the effort when I’m in the area to pop in at least once.

Reasonable prices, great food, and great service.

Date of visit: August 2019