We woke up yesterday on the first day of our Easter break and decided to go away for the night with our 12 year our old daughter and 15 week old puppy and found this place by searching dog friendly accommodation in Suffolk and I am glad we did.
Having only ever been in 4 and 5 star hotels when we are away, and most certainly never anywhere that allows dogs to stay over we, were slightly nervous with pup in tow.
However were transported into dog heaven, friendly accommodaing staff, dog biscuits and bowls of water everywhere! In addition loads of like minded people with their own pets and stories.
The food and service were very good and the accommoadtion clean but quirky and it suited us for our new family lifestyle.......
Would I have been as pleased with my stay had we not had pup in tow....not sure....not because anything was wrong persae but probably because we would not have fitted in quite so well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a haunt of smugglers, The Ship Inn isn't just a great place to eat, drink, relax and get away from it all – we like to think it's also part of a great story. Now a quiet, idyllic village surrounded by nature reserves, heathland and beach, only the romantic ruins of Dunwich monastery remain to hint at the fate of this once thriving medieval port claimed by the waves during a terrible storm. It's said you can still hear the peal of the church bells beneath the waves. While we can't guarantee that, there are certain, more earthly things we're always happy to provide… real ales, real food and a real fire. You will find: a great pub, home-cooked food in our restaurant, a cosy hotel with comfortable, traditionally furnished bedrooms, some with views across the sea or marshes. There is also an enormous garden dotted with fruit trees (including our 300 year old fig tree) and a beach that really is just a couple of minutes walk away. Whether you want to use it as a base to explore this wild and wonderful coastline, enjoy some of the best fish and chips on the Suffolk coast or simply indulge in a pint or two of Adnams, The Ship Inn at Dunwich extends the warmest of welcomes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The Ship at Dunwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ship At Dunwich Hotel Dunwich
- The Ship At Dunwich Suffolk