We stayed at the Ship for two nights in early November. We took advantage of a voucher offer which represented excellent value for money. Our room - Gilden Gate was the smallest pub/hotel room I've ever stayed in - quite a challenge as we had a large dog with us. The pub was lovely, breakfast was generous and very well organised. We ate at the pub the first night and both thoroughly enjoyed our meals, unfortunately there was only one veggie option on the menu and none on he specials board - simply not good enough! - so we were forced to go elsewhere to eat on the second night. You wouldn't dream of offering a single menu choice for meat-eaters, so please consider at least a second option for veggies...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a haunt of smugglers, The Ship Inn isn't just a great place to eat, drink, relax and get away from it all – we like to think it's also part of a great story. Now a quiet, idyllic village surrounded by nature reserves, heathland and beach, only the romantic ruins of Dunwich monastery remain to hint at the fate of this once thriving medieval port claimed by the waves during a terrible storm. It's said you can still hear the peal of the church bells beneath the waves. While we can't guarantee that, there are certain, more earthly things we're always happy to provide… real ales, real food and a real fire. You will find: a great pub, home-cooked food in our restaurant, a cosy hotel with comfortable, traditionally furnished bedrooms, some with views across the sea or marshes. There is also an enormous garden dotted with fruit trees (including our 300 year old fig tree) and a beach that really is just a couple of minutes walk away. Whether you want to use it as a base to explore this wild and wonderful coastline, enjoy some of the best fish and chips on the Suffolk coast or simply indulge in a pint or two of Adnams, The Ship Inn at Dunwich extends the warmest of welcomes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The Ship at Dunwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ship At Dunwich Hotel Dunwich
- The Ship At Dunwich Suffolk