This was our third visit and we just love it !!
Dinner was superb, breakfast was excellent all served perfectly.
For quality and value I just cant fault the George and look forward to another relaxing stay soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you in this 16th-century restaurant with rooms. The George is situated on the edge of the village green in Cavendish, positioned in between the popular villages of Clare and Long Melford and just a short drive from the timeless village of Lavenham. Since October 2010, co-owners Lewis Bennet & Bonnie Steel have achieved their 2nd Rosette and four gold stars from the AA & Visit Britain tourist guides. The emphasis at The George is on the quality of food and customer service. The menus offer a wide range of dishes to suit all tastes and budgets. The menus change frequently and are guided by the seasons. We aim to use the highest quality, sustainably sourced ingredients and utilise our garden to grow seasonal items such as baby leaf, beetroot, edible flowers, tomatoes and herbs to use on the menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your The George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Hotel Cavendish
- The George Cavendish, Suffolk