The George is a beautiful restaurant with lovely rooms upstairs. We stayed in room 1 which was well decorated and the bed really comfortable - loads of extra touches, lovely shampoo and condition, really nice organic tea etc. old building which has all the original features with old beams and low ceilings. we arrived late at night to really warm and welcoming staff and they had also reserved us a table in the restaurant which was a lovely touch as we were starving and the restaurant was packed!!
The FOOD was amazing and we had such a relaxing stay. Will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you in this 16th-century restaurant with rooms. The George is situated on the edge of the village green in Cavendish, positioned in between the popular villages of Clare and Long Melford and just a short drive from the timeless village of Lavenham. Since October 2010, co-owners Lewis Bennet & Bonnie Steel have achieved their 2nd Rosette and four gold stars from the AA & Visit Britain tourist guides. The emphasis at The George is on the quality of food and customer service. The menus offer a wide range of dishes to suit all tastes and budgets. The menus change frequently and are guided by the seasons. We aim to use the highest quality, sustainably sourced ingredients and utilise our garden to grow seasonal items such as baby leaf, beetroot, edible flowers, tomatoes and herbs to use on the menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Hotel Cavendish
- The George Cavendish, Suffolk