“Much Better”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wymondham
Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Much Better”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

First visit since March and I'm very pleased to say a lot of the points I had have been addressed. Our room this time has had a spruce up and was very clean and tidy. This time we had an individual 4 digit pass code for our door and proper cups for our tea and coffee. Even had a complimentary bottle of water each. Bonus point for the hotel taking the trouble to put a fan in the room when we checked in on what was a really hot day. Top marks and thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SisterBluebird

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here with an Australian friend in June 2013. We were made to feel really welcome and it felt just like home. The staff were friendly and so very helpful. I had to work and left my friend in Wymondham during the day - the staff provided him with information on where to go and what to do.

Brilliant place - will definitley stay again

There is also a marvelous restaurant -

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Barry Y
Clearfield, Utah
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Charming B&B for a short stay.
We spent a night here and we think you can't get a better location with free parking for the value when you want to visit Wymondham and surrounding area.
We decided to have dinner at their restaurant and we were glad we did and we regret to not have booked breakfast.
The food was excellent and tasty, very friendly owner and his team.
Definitely we will stay there and visit this restaurant for a gourmet meal again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yewtahjazzfan_12
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I don't want to be too harsh writing this review has they got me out of a tight spot. I was booked in at the Pelican Inn they messed up & left me stranded in Wymondham 160 miles from home. So at the last minute I got in at the Consort. It's a very nice B&B my room was a small single & was very confortable. The hotel itself is in the middle of town which is good. There is also a Morrocan restaurant on site but I ate elsewhere.
Not a bad place at all

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Ian D
London, England
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here while attending the antiques fair at Norwich Showgrounds. It was very strange never meeting any hotel staff. We were sent a code for the door which, being 1234, would have been very easy to crack, but saying that, we had no problems. The room was spotless, nice set up for coffee and tea and extra pillows and blankets. We had Room 5. It was extremely warm when we got in around 3 p.m. and we turned off the heating and opened the windows, despite the wind chill being around -7. There was a very heavy duvet on the bed as well.

A couple of small personal complaints about the room. While not obese, I am a plump lady and getting into the very tiny shower stall was tricky. If I had dropped anything, I would have had to open the doors and back out to pick whatever up. Also Room 5 faces the street and while owners cannot control street noises, we were unable to have the windows open to keep the room cool at night because of the loud passers-by from the pubs and so were we to stay here again, we would want a room to the rear. Also the room was quite tiny and even with only a double bed, there was only one night table which was inconvenient for us. Once the Friday street noise quieted, however, we did have a reasonably good sleep. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful.

We can also highly recommend the Marrakech Restaurant located on the ground floor. The food was superb!

Room Tip: Don't have Room 5 if you are a light sleeper - street noise until after midnight.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IdahoSwede
Gorleston-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here overnight on a Thursday. This was a leisure visit. A bit concerned that our room entry number was 1234. Room was clean if in need of a spruce up. Some wallpaper peeling off and stains in carpet etc. Cups for tea/coffee were cardboard and only one each for our stay. Shower very weak. Bed linen was clean and sleep comfort was good. Last breakfast time 9am and check out 10.30am which for a leisure break is a bit mean. Breakfast was an extra £10 each and overall for the money the hotel is just OK. It should not get complacent having a captive market in this nice little market town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I needed somewhere to stay in a hurry and I called this hotel from their car park at the back. The chap was quite helpful and said that there was no one there but would text me the Code for the door so i could have access to the room.

Hotel was very quite and didnt see anyone else in there.. Room was clean and tidy.

Following day I left as I had a business meeting early on and still didnt see anyone..!!

I received a phone call from Niccy asking if I wanted to keep the room on for another night as they were getting full.. which I thought was a nice touch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank winsox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wymondham
Park Farm Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barnham Broom
Breckland Lodge
Breckland Lodge
#1 of 1 in Attleborough

Been to Townhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!