“Average food and service”
Review of India Village

India Village
Ranked #12 of 43 Restaurants in Wymondham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Waited a little while for a table and then found out they had asked other people to vacate by the offer of a free drink ! Food was ok but a little bland. Place is very small, so service is quick, but you feel "stood over" by the waiters.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Ate here for the first time this week with friends. We got a warm welcome, and the waiter was knowledgeable and happy to make me a chickpea puri which was different to the prawn puri on the menu (and it was delicious too!).

I thought the prices were very reasonable, the restaurant was clean and had a good atmosphere. My main, lamb irfan josh, I have to say was one of the nicest I have had in a long while, lovely and fresh tasting. We will definitely go there again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The food here is amazing every time I go, it's a very clean restaurant, service is fast and the staff are so polite and welcoming. Perfect.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was ok, a bit bland,but not oily. It claims to have Sri lankan dishes but just naming a few dishes after some Sri Lankan towns does not mean they are Sri Lankan dishes.
A big disappointment for me as I wanted Sri Lankan food.
The good thing was that at the end of the meal, we were given a free drink on the house. A nice touch.
So overall I would say that if you fancy a curry and are in Wymondham, then give it a go but dont expect a stunning gourmet experience.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled across this place whilst in Wymondham. The hosts I found very walm and welcoming and the food was outstanding, well worth a visit.