“Exceptional in every way.”

Avalon Farm Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wymondham
Avalon Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Wymondham B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed for four days as a large family group for our daughters wedding. We were made to feel very welcome and from 8 months to 90 years every need was catered for. Ali and Gerald are fantastic hosts and every room was spotless, warm and well laid out. The extras in each room and en- suite, tissues, shampoo, shower gel tea and biscuits were much appreciated. The planning of our room allocation to facilitate care for young and older members was extremely helpful.The choice at breakfast and the service was exceptional. I can honestly say I would recommend Avalon Farm B & B to anyone. Ali and Gerald Thank-you for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Felicity P

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I can't speak highly enough of Gerald & Ali Reynolds and their brilliant B & B. From the moment my family and I walked in we were made to feel extremely welcome and even though our visit was in the saddest of circumstances I can honestly say I enjoyed Gerald & Ali's heartfelt hospitality. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
All the rooms are spacious, very well appointed and spotlessly clean. With finishing touches such as shower gel, shampoo tea, coffee and biscuits all provided and restocked daily.
The food is locally sourced, well cooked and plentiful. Try Ali's roast beef and you'll see what I mean, that's if you have any room left after the magnificent breakfast!
Gerald, Ali thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My only concern about giving an excellent review to Avalon Farm bed and breakfast is that Avalon Farm might become so popular that there will be no vacancies when I next plan to stay!! I am going to risk it anyway. Avalon Farm is the most friendly bed and breakfast that I have ever stayed at. Gerald and Ali Reynolds cannot do enough to make you welcome and to ensure that your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The en-suite rooms and very tastefully decorated, warm, comfortable and are immaculately clean. There is a wide choice of cereals and fruit for breakfast and the full English breakfast is made to order.
Avalon Farm is located in a quite location a short distance from the ancient town of Wymondham (pronounced Windum). In Wymondham there a shops, restaurants, pubs and some some fine examples of medieval architecture, not to be missed if you are in East Anglia.

I am looking forwards to my next visit to Avalon Farm, I do hope that they have a room for me!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Philwilk
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went online and read trip advisor and needed overnight stay near Wymondham for one night room with sleeping for 3 so our special needs son could be with us immagine my surprise on arrival of seeing the owner an old school friend and working mate from 48yrs ago The place is a gem and i can not speak highly enough of its cleanliness breakfast and genuine hospitality glad i read the reviews

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank John R
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is an absolutely gem of a place. First we were made to feel extremely welcome and then we were offered tea and cofees which was on the house. I spilled my coffee twice and they just laughed it off!. Lovely people indeed. The place itself is set in a tranquil setting off the beaten track and is very peaceful. The accomodation is excellent throughout and extremely clean and well maintained. We stayed as a familly and the children stayed directly above us in a kind of self contained area. We felt safe knowing our teenagers were right avove us. I have stayed many places worldwide but have never encountered this sort of place wherby it is excellent service, excellent people and excellent value for money. I would not hesitate to visit here again and would highly reccomend the Avalon Farm. The breakfast was superb too!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mart118
Reviewed September 17, 2012

we needed two rooms for 4 people at the last minute and there was limited rooms available everywhere else we tried. thankfully avalon farm had two rooms available! On our arrival the hotel looked immaculate and straight away we were offered a cup of tea and some friendly conversation. Our room was in the house itself and was more than enough. It was clean and the shower was spot on. Again the hosts were amazingly friendly and offered us all a lift to the train station for our night in norwich. On our return me and my friend were quiet, seeing as it was 4 in the morning. However, one of our group couldnt work the door swipe key in his drunken state and was let in by the host at 5 in the morning and helped to his room! the next morning the hosts were lovely and the breakfast was all cooked fresh and was great, and we were told not to worry about our loud friend when we apologised. extremely friendly. the train station is only a 5 minute drive away and norwich is a cheap taxi ride away too. The surroundings are fantastic and the hotel is immaculate. what else is there to say! i cant stress enough how friendly the hosts are :)

Room Tip: we stayed in the house but there is a large conversion to the back and it looks excellent aswell.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank simon b
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a really exceptional B&B - large, modern and incredibly well equipped. The furnishings and fittings are immaculate and the cleanliness and quality of the maintenance first class. The hosts were very welcoming and cooked a really good full English Breakfast. The location is extremely rural, so a car or motorbike is absolutely essential. The parking area is spacious and should accommodate a campervan or even caravan or trailer. The provided directions are good, but it's definitely off the beaten track, so be prepared to stop and re-read the directions after leaving the A11. It is literally only a couple of miles from the A11 so well placed for touring this part of Norfolk. We went to Wroxham in the Broads for an evening meal and it was only about a 40 minute run.

Unless you arrange evening meals with the hosts, you will almost certainly need to go into Wymondham for food. We got evening takeaways from a Kebab shop and the Co-Op supermarket in Wymondham town centre. Follow the main road into Wymondham, turn left at the traffic lights (the station is to the right) and take an almost immediate left again along the lower side of the green. The kebab shop is on the left just before the top of the hill; the Co-op is on the right once you reach the market square. There is short term parking available. I think I also saw Chinese and Fish and Chips plus a choice of pubs. There are also some food options in Attleborough to the south (slightly further) including a large Sainsbury's and a Lidl. The Sainsbury's is slightly hidden just to the south of the one-way system around the town, so you need to head as if you are leaving the town centre to the south and it's on the right in about 50 metres.

We brought our own travel cot and high chair for our baby - I'm pretty sure the hosts didn't have a high chair. They were one of the very few B&Bs we talked to in the area who were happy to take children. All in all we were very impressed indeed with Avalon Farm and would happily stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bevis_King

Been to Avalon Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!