Titchwell Manor Hotel
$177
$213
$117
  • Restaurant
The Lodge Inn(Old Hunstanton)
$154
Le Strange Arms Hotel(Hunstanton)(Great Value!)
$104
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
$129
The Crown Hotel(Wells-next-the-Sea)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsherb gardentasting menuconversation menuconservatory restaurantpotting shednorth norfolkmain buildingdog bedrspb reserveroaring log fireafternoon teawhite company toiletriesfish piebrancaster beachoysterswonderful weekendscones
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Basically this is an expensive hotel, and as such it should provide the guest with that little bit extra. A point an earlier reviewer makes about WiFi is totally apt, as is charging for morning newspapers. Not even providing any in the public lounge areas....this feels like scrimping.
The rooms are nicely decorated and furnished, but for example the tissue box provided was from Tesco's Value Range (40p per box!). When paying over £150 pernight for the room, this is an insult. And I only discovered this as the tissues would not stay in the holder because they are so thin!
House keeping could pay a little more attention, some of the towemls were worn and old looking, our bathroom, whilst clean had dust (more than a day's!) on the soap dispenser etc.
The breakfast was ok, the service a bit slow. The dinner we had was nice, though we found it a a little salty. The prices are too high I feel, I was charged £11.50 (cannot remeber exact amount) for a plate of "spring vegetables", you would not pay that in a top London restaurant, this is too much.
Whilst I think this is a nice hotel in a nice location, I feel they should respect their clientele a little more, especially when we are asked to pay so much for a room. Other [places in the vicinity offer better value and better service for considerbaly less money.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bluebell25
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We are a big fan of the 'sunday night special' i.e. dinner, bed & breakfast deals on Sunday nights, and have stayed at many different hotels both independently owned and chains.

We chose Titchwell Manor as we love the norfolk coast and it has a great review in the papers a few months back.

Don't get me wrong, we had a lovely time. But as the title says, its the little things that let it down.

We had a nice room in the main house, room no.1. Not huge but well furnished and comfortable with everything we needed - ensuite, flat screen tv, comfy bed, tea & coffee making facilities etc. But the tv didn't have satelleite channels - just the bog standard 4 to choose from which made for limited viewing.

Wifi was available but it was £2 per hour, or £5 per day. Again, not a huge expense, but free wifi for guests should be a given.

The carpet in the bedroom was very grubby and needed a clean, big time. There was also a very clear iron mark where someone had very nearly burnt a hole in the carpet. The bathroom only had a walk in shower, which was fine, but most walk in showers / wet rooms are quite large. This one wasn't. So after using the very lovely power shower, the bathroom floor was very wet. Most wetrooms I've used before have a huge shower area to contain the water. But this was just a normal size cubicle with no curtain or door!

We had a nice meal in the restaurant. Usually dinner is included in the DB&B deal, however here you received an allowance of £35 per head, which wasn't a problem. The restaurant is located in the conservatory area, which is painted all white and is very fresh looking. However on a couple of walls some of the paintings were missing and you just had to look at an empty picture hook which spoilt it.

The meal was very nice. I have a food allergy and they were very attentive and helpful towards this. However I chose sorbet for dessert - but they didn't have the flavour I wanted. Coffee & petit fours were offered after our meal but they were not included in the price of the meal which I think they should be. Seeing as how I couldn't have the dessert I requested, it would have been nice to have been offered a complimentary coffee instead, but when we asked this was not allowed.

There is a comfy lounge area with lovely squishy sofas. There is a small garden out the back but its not really big enough to have more than a 5 minute wander round. But again, not a problem.

We had a good nights sleep - however we were awoken at 7.20am by the sound of a hoover outside our room and my god did they bash it against the walls!

Breakfast was fine - a full english was offered along with the usual things like scrambled eggs & smoked salmon, or kippers etc. I had scrambled eggs which were nice but very, very salty. We helped ourselves to juice, cereals and yogurt, again which were lovely, especially the granola and fruit compote. However there were no pastries or cakes which we thought was very unusual.

So yes, overall, we had a lovely stay, and we would recommend the hotel to others. However its the little things and the attention to detail that let it down and means that it doesn't get a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hertsgirl99
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights in March and it was our first trip to the North Norfolk Coast. We were stunned by the area (between Hunstanton and Sheringham) and the hotel was amazing. Little cottages with your own front door and so compfortable. They even provided a little bed, biscuits, a bowl and a towel for our little dog (only some rooms are offered for dog owners). The food was great too and we wish we'd had more time to spend there. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harry98
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Stayed at short notice for 2 nights over the Easter Bank Holiday. Some trepidation as I usually avoid peak periods like the plague as the pressure on staff often results in dodgy service. No such worries materialised here as the overall experience was so good that we barely noticed that the hotel was full and the service standards proved particularly praisewothy.

The very few wrinkles apparent when we stayed last year had been ironed out and the food in the restaurant , whilst presented with a certain measure of elaboration and flourish, was perfectly balanced and well proportioned in keeping with our preference for intense flavours and the avoidance of excess.

The staff displayed an alertness and enthusiasm all too rarely found ; they coped well in the face of conflicting and considerable pressures. Housekeeping was prompt and almost invisible as it should be. Booked at the last minute at the full rack rate. Worth the money in view of the high standards. No mistakes on the itemised bill, unlike many other places. The room standard reflects the considerable investment that has been made and while not absolutely perfect- the stone floor tiles have a few nasty sharp edges for example - the accomodation is very comfortable and well furnished. Well tended gardens. Altogether an enjoyable place to stay in a great location.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I didn't even stay there and had to cancel my booking but because I had booked only a few days prior to cancellation the management said it was unfair to claim my deposit and gave it back. In my experience, most places adamantly refuse to give it back if I've ever had to cancel before. Refreshing.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family