“Fabulous for foodie humans and their canine companions.”

Titchwell Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Titchwell
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had two nights at Tichwell Manor and it was wonderful. Great food, friendly staff and welcoming hosts, who weren't phased by our young Border Collie when she put her muddy paw prints on the pristine bedding (we were mortified!). This is a lovely spot, with flat sandy beaches close by. Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TitchwellManor, Owner at Titchwell Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Thank you kindly for your review and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The muddy prints were not a problem at all and it sounds like your Collie enjoyed the stay too! We hope to see you again in the future so you can once again come and enjoy the beaches.
Best wishes
Margaret

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed here recently on a special deal from secret escapes, it was an offer too good to miss and in a part of the country we had always wanted to visit. What a treat this place is, the rooms are spacious, luxurious and comfortable and as we had our dog with us we were provided with a dog bed, treats, water bowl and poo bags! We ate at the hotel the first night from the bar menu, the food was delicious and we enjoyed it but it is pricey and therefore we ate elsewhere on the following two nights. This is definitely a special occasion destination, the conservatory restaurant here serves a 7 course tasting menu with wine to match each course for £125 per person and apparently this is something very special and it certainly is popular, I am dropping hints to my husband for our 20th wedding anniversary! Breakfast here is wonderful and a highlight of our stay. The hotel is ideally situated to visit this part of Norfolk with its wonderful sandy beaches and charming villages, we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Bay room around the herb Garden, spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TitchwellManor, Owner at Titchwell Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you so much for a wonderful review, we are so pleased that the deal gave you the opportunity to visit, together with your dog. I am very happy that you enjoyed your food, we try to offer a wide variety to suit all guests, and yes, our tasting menu has certainly gained a great reputation for a special evening, I hope that your hints are registered and that you can come and celebrate your fantastic anniversary with us.
With kind regards, Margaret

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came away for the weekend to Titchwell Manor as a birthday/pre-baby getaway. We stayed in one of the Herb Garden rooms and brought our dog with us.

The room was great, all mod cons with a nod to coastal decor which really works with the location and the hotel provided a comfy dog bed and biscuits for our dog as well. We had a great dinner in the Eating Rooms and one of the best nights sleep we've had in a while! The staff were great, really friendly and with the beach a picturesque stroll away, we felt that this was a fantastic location and base from which to explore the north Norfolk coast and to treat yourself to some great Norfolk local produce and dining.

• Stayed: March 2014

This is a lovely review to read, thank you. I am delighted that you had a lovely pre-baby break, together with your dog too! North Norfolk is such a lovely area, we are so pleased that you got to explore it while you were with us. I am so pleased that it was a good birthday weekend, and want to wish you all the best for the birth of your baby,
I hope that you will all come and visit us again soon.
Best wishes, Margaret

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We have stayed at Titchwell Manor on a number of occasions. I travel frequently and stay in hotels all across the UK, but what makes this hotel stand out for us is it's individuality, and the warm and friendly welcoming staff give to guests.

The rooms are nice in size and always spotlessly clean. The hotel is a dog friendly hotel so there is no need to leave your dog at home either. Food at the hotel is amazing and the restaurant is well worthy of is 3AA Rosettes, offering the best full English breakfast I've eaten.

It won't be long before I back here in one of the nicest parts of the country.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart H

Thank you for such a lovely review Stuart. I am so pleased that our hotel stands out to you and that you enjoyed your meals with us, Eric spends so much time developing our menus and offerings, it is lovely to get such high praise, thank you.
I hope we will see you both again soon. Kind regards, Margaret

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed here for our 48th Wedding Anniversary and enjoyed the experience very much. Atfirst we were allocated a room in the courtyard and it was rather tired decoratively butt the worse thing was a fusty smell in the wardrobe. We mentioned this at reception and they in offered a change of room instantly. The realocated room was in the main building and had a view looking over fields to the R.S.P.B reserve. We enjoyed eating at the hotel for the two nights of our stay, which was a delightful experience, imaginative food and flavours with subtle use of herbs and spices. The breakfast was second to none, everything you could wish for , delicious granolas, fruit, pastries and above all perfect poached eggs and full English. The staff were friendly, efficient and professional.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mimmc

Wow, 48 years - what a wonderful celebration and I am thrilled that you spent it with us. I am pleased that we were able to offer you an alternative room that you enjoyed, we have such a wonderful coastline we wish all the rooms had these views! (Thank you for letting us know about the wardrobe, it was immediately given a thorough clean, we can only put it down to a previous guest perhaps putting damp outerwear in there perhaps?). I am so pleased that you enjoyed your meals with us an in particular the breakfast, which we take such pride in.
I hope hat we will see you again soon, the bird reserve benefits from such a variety of species that it is definitely worth another visit at a different time of year.
Best wishes, Margaret

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I booked a weekend at Titchwell Manor, and this was our first visit to North Norfolk even though we live in the neighbouring county Lincolnshire!

The atmosphere at the hotel is very relaxed but very professional. Our room was outside the main house in a converted barn, it was massive and very clean, conseidering it was one of the pet friendly rooms, which if we had known before reading the info folder we would have asked to be moved but we had been in the room for 5 hours by then! ...but the room was spotless, you would never have believed that dogs had previously been in there.

We booked in the restaurant for our meal, and had a drink in the bar beforehand. Drinks were a little expensive, but it is a hotel and you expect to pay a little more.

We sat in the lounge looking through the menu and spent a while trying to work out the menu, but when we asked one of the waiters to explain the menu it became a lot clearer. I fancied the Norfolk Tapas but couldn't work out which ones I would like, and because they were priced at £3 each or 3 for the price of 2 still couldn't work out whether that would be enough for a full meal so ended up with a Ham Hock starter and steak for main. My wife had a gorgeous soup for starters and Japanese Salmon for main. Many then had sticky toffee pudding and I finished off with the cheese board, we also had a reasonable price bottle of red wine with our meal and overall I would say the meal was really good quality, the only disappointment was the beef dripping chips which I was really looking forward to, but were really to oily rather than crispy, but that was my only complaint ...oh sorry no ...I thought the cheese board was well overpriced at £10 for a small selection of three slices of cheese and three or four oily biscuits!

We both slept very well in a very comfortable bed and the breakfast was superb. Taken in the sunlit conservatory, my wife had a full engilsh while I chose the smoked haddock and poached egg which was superb.

Overall we had a lovely weekend and would recommend Titchwell Manor to anyone who fancies a peaceful trip to a lovely part of the country ...but I could imagine the whole area to be very busy in the summer.

2  Thank ChrisandMandy

I am so pleased that you have ventured down into Norfolk (we are from Lincolnshire originally, and still travel back to see family regularly), I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments on the cleanliness of the rooms, we are a dog friendly hotel, but would never expect a guest to be able to tell that they were staying in a dog-friendly room - that is why we charge a supplement for dogs staying, we deep clean the room thoroughly after each dog. I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast with us and have passed the comments concerning the chips and cheese on to Eric in the kitchen, thank you for your valued feedback. We hope to see you in the county again soon!
Kind regards, Margaret

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have stayed several times at this hotel & it just gets better…we now stay here in preference to others in Burnham Market. The atmosphere is so relaxed and welcoming and not at all precious or overly posh whilst being comfortable in the way a good English coastal hotel should be, but don't let that comment mislead you - the food is excellent both in the restaurant & bar and the little attention to details, such as dog beds and drinking bowls provided for dog owners and the little dog snacks which certainly won over our spaniel. The breakfast is the best on offer at any Norfolk hotel we have stayed in - we return home relaxed & revived. We stay in the Herb Garden rooms as they are dog friendly, spacious and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LIZZIEBIRKETT

Thank you for your wonderful review Lizzie. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your Spaniel had a lovely visit too - we are so lucky on this coast that we benefit from such lovely dog-walks and vast beaches. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your meals with us, Eric takes such personal pride in what we offer and really appreciates the feedback from everyone. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards, Margaret

Also consider these accommodations in or near Titchwell
Briarfields Hotel
#1 of 15 in King's Lynn
Caley Hall Hotel
Caley Hall Hotel
#1 of 4 in Hunstanton

Been to Titchwell Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!