“Rustic @Strattons was brilliant!”
Review of Taste @ Strattons

Taste @ Strattons
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste @ Strattons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 39 Restaurants in Swaffham
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Had a great meal here. Menu had about 5 starters and 5 mains. We started with crispy lamb sweetbreads on a broad bean and mint stew with pea shoots. Was really lovely and would have been brilliant with a touch of acidity, but very nice anyway. Also to start we had the tomatoes with sirloin of beef - cut very thin on toasted bread (almost like a British crostini with carpaccio). It was nice. Mains of mutton cooked two ways in a middle eastern style with a type of couscous, and delux burger with home made ketchup, and triple cooked chips were also very good. The chips were the best I have ever had. Desserts were also lovely. Place was in the quirky but very nice boutique hotel, and was very busy. Staff were friendly and efficient. We had a bit of a wait before we ate, but they were very apologetic.Wines we had were nice. Not the most recent vintages when you would want it to be, and a bit of a mark up. All in all a very good restaurant. Would recommend it.

1  Thank Vicky Y

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We visited on a quiet night. Service was excellent throughout the night. The menu is limited in range but we both fund something to suit our tastes. The food was delicious and couldn't be faulted, although it wasn't cheap - but we were having a special night.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We have eaten in many different venues in and around Norfolk. We saw a this locally and decided to give it a go. The restaurant is down stairs and the decor/art work is fab. The menu was certainly different with scotch egg ( and the egg melted as I cut open wow ) the soup was slightly odd vodka based ( not the best tasting). I ordered a burger which was fab and when I wanted a larger was supplied with a Suffolk made larger ( again different but nice).

The menu does seem geared up for people staying at the hotel ( numerous items had an additional charge). My view would be to get this removed for external customers.

The service was great and the waiter ( may have been owner ) was more than willing to run into the kitchen to ask questions or accommodate a customers alteration. We will be back I suspect to try there Sunday roast which was mentioned by our waiter.

Interesting and certainly the best restaurant in swaffham that I am aware of.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

My partner & I ate at Strattons last weekend, we were in Swaffham for the weekend and as it was my partners birthday the previous day we decided to try and book a table on the Saturday, the staff were very accomodating even though they were fully booked. We had wondered if we would be stuck in a corner by the kitchen or similar as is often the case when you are a last minute booking but we were very pleasantly surprised, from the moment we arrived the staff were friendly, attentive and the service was impeccable. At first glance one may think this restaurant a little pricey (Saturday fixed four course menu, with plenty of choice on three courses was £40 per head) but let me tell you it was worth ever penny! The whole evening was a very relaxed, enjoyable experience, the food was fabulous, the staff were lovely and the surroundings charming. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and would love to return.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Heard my friend raving about this place. Sadly, I was sorely disappointed. Food was well below par My guest had to go and get something else to eat when we left, as he was still hungry! Menu was limited. And the waiting staff's understanding of English was so poor I kept having to repeat myself to the point of frustration. Beautiful building though.

1  Thank VRH1