“India in Norfolk”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great food and comfortable ambiance. Try the biriani! Very good service and spacious well-laid tables.

There are newer reviews for Indian Summer

Reviewed October 15, 2013

we found this restaurant as it was close to the hotel we were staying in. We went in not having booked, and waited only a couple of mins for a table, in a rather cosy area. Probably too close to everybody else but not a problem for me.
The service was attentive and spot on. The starter was in my opinion a bit on the meagre side but would be acceptable for others.
The main meal was really lovely, plenty of rice plenty of chicken in my patia.
The side of sag paneer was really nice, probably as nice as I have ever had.
the bread was also very nice.
All in all this is a small restaurant to the point you are probably too close to the table next to you, but the food does compensate for this. Would go back here without hesitation.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Have always liked this restaurant . Used to live in Swaffham so have been going here for over twenty years in its various forms. Never really had a bad meal so is a reliable place to go . I am not saying it is world beating and if you are prepared to travel out of Swaffham you may find better but I can't recall anything better in town.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

By far the best Indian restaurant and takeaway in Norfolk. I travel from Dereham (17 miles) for this special treat. Ronnie is charming and the owner knows his business. I always enjoy the Shashlik (my favourite). Good value for money.

1  Thank Lucy R
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The restaurant was recommended to us by some local residents but we were a bit disappointed. This may be because we happen to live nearby a lovely Indian restaurant by which we always judge others. The food was fine but nothing exceptional.