“a really enoyable evening”
Review of Rasputin

Rasputin
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Swaffham
Cuisines: Russian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2012

we went with a Ukranian friend and found the food and drink is all authentic Russian cooking. Very friendly welcome and service, homely rather than smart. Extremely reasonable prices for the quality of the food which was all excellent, we all had 3 courses.. The sauerkraut is to die for and our friend was impressed by her chicken kiev. The wine is very interesting and although not always what we are accustomed to we found a good red and it was great to avoid the usual suspects on the wine list. the shot of vodka was intriguing as well. a big asset for the children was the pool room which kept them happy while we waited for the food to be freshly cooked for us. Don't be put off by the bizarre decor of the stairs to the first floor restaurant, the room upstairs is very pleasant and the ladies is first class.

There are newer reviews for Rasputin

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Having never visited a Russian restaurant before I was looking forward to the experience.
Generally speaking the food was very pleasant (apart from the sauerkraut which was too vinegary for my liking).
We had a bottle of Moldovan wine which I would not wish to repeat as it was quite 'harsh'.
Generally a reasonable experience that you may wish to try.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I so agree with the previous reviews, so I am not going to repeat them. The whole experience, from walking through the arch at street level to leaving, took me back to when I visited Moscow in the 1980's. After an energy sapping walk in the late afternoon, driving home via Swaffham, I suddenly realised we needed to try out this restaurant and screeched to halt outside. I was "fed and watered" in a Russian bubble that I cannot fault. The food was filling, excellent value, and the wine superb. And, I just love the way the tables are laid out in such a regimented way. Please do not fault them for not taking debit/credit cards, it was a pleasure to hand over hard earned cash.

4  Thank SingleMan50ish
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This proved to be an ideal opportunity to relive visits to Russia and to enjoy some excellent cooking. I was not disappointed. The setting is appropriately understated. The atmosphere is charming with Russian music providing a back cloth to the overall experience. The choice of food was limited but I believe that means the chef can focus on doing things well. This proved to be the case. It was lovely to see the choice of Georgian and Moldovan wines. I would recommend the kvass if a soft drink is preferred. i look forward to a return visit.

2  Thank Graham R
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Just visited this restaurant May 17, 2012. We used our Groupon voucher, but I have to say their lunch and dinner specials are also quite good deals! I had the Cossacks Beef Casserole and my partner had the Grigory Rasputin Pork. We were both pleased with the quality of our mains and the mashed potatoes and homemade sauerkraut were delicious additions. For desert we had the traditional Russian cake with honey and cream. On a slow evening, the restaurant was staffed by just woman, and she did an amazing job! On the way out, we were given some Russian cookies as a parting gift. Overall, great experience! Also, as a Groupon user, this is one of the few occasions were we felt that we were not treated as "less important" than full paying customers, and for this we are grateful.

3  Thank lizglowark