“Wonderful welcome.”
Review of The Windmill Inn

The Windmill Inn
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Swaffham
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We visited with friends on the coldest day of the tear (so far!). The pub was very cold, but the welcome was very warm! The place is smaller than we expected from looking at the website, but we were not disappointed with the food. Two of us went for the gammon, and enthused about it all afternoon. The burger was "lovely" and nicely presented - and the sea bass was fantastic. As for the chips - they were voted to be amongst the best we'd ever tasted!
This is a pub which is slightly off our usual 'beaten track' but we will make a point of going out of our way to re-visit again (hopefully on a warmer day!)

DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I'm pleased you found us ! your response is very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have eaten there many times and also had many a few pints. Good atmos,very friendly nice place. Very clean prompt service and reasonably priced.

Thank you for your response, I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience at the Windmill..

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We anticipated a special meal from the amazing reviews. In reality, the food and ambience were just average. There was nothing remarkable that would justify me spending my money here again, I'm afraid.

2  Thank BeaumontLincoln

Thank you for your negative comments, but in response I don't agree with them, in reality what we have acheived at the Windmill is actually quite "remarkable" however this is your opinion and you are entitled to it, its such a shame you didnt have the confidence to share your feelings on the day of your visit, if it was that "unremarkable" I would of thought that you would of brought it to our attention, I beleive our standards are quite high, serving freshly prepared, locally sourced food, with a very good service, maybe if you had spoken to us on the day your problems could of been easily resolved.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

A hidden gem of a pub, just off the A47 between Swaffham and Dereham, in the village of Necton. We have been going for several years now, including at lunchtime today and have always really enjoyed our meal. The lunchtime menu is full and amazing value. Portions are generous and the vegetables cooked al dente. The pub and restaurant are deservedly popular and worth seeking out. The service in the pub and restaurant is very friendly and the chef (who is also the owner) will often come into the restaurant to chat to diners. It is this level of personal service that distinguishes the Wndmill. Highly recommended.

DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your prompt reveiw. I do enjoy meeting diners in the restaurant and bar, customers comments give me instant feedback, and allows me to meet our customers on a more personal level. I look forward to seeing you again at the Windmill.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had a few days away, staying locally found this restaurant by chance, food was superb some very good meals on the menu a must for visitors in Norfolk

1  Thank kelryan
DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Your comments are very well received, we are pleased you took the time to visit us at the Windmill, we look forward to welcoming you again next time you are around these parts of the country. On behalf of my staff and myself thank you.