“Unremarkable”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Windmill Inn

The Windmill Inn
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Swaffham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dereham, United Kingdom
“Unremarkable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We anticipated a special meal from the amazing reviews. In reality, the food and ambience were just average. There was nothing remarkable that would justify me spending my money here again, I'm afraid.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank BeaumontLincoln
DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your negative comments, but in response I don't agree with them, in reality what we have acheived at the Windmill is actually quite "remarkable" however this is your opinion and you are entitled to it, its such a shame you didnt have the confidence to share your feelings on the day of your visit, if it was that "unremarkable" I would of thought that you would of brought it to our attention, I beleive our standards are quite high, serving freshly prepared, locally sourced food, with a very good service, maybe if you had spoken to us on the day your problems could of been easily resolved.

“Favourite pub meal in North Norfolk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

A hidden gem of a pub, just off the A47 between Swaffham and Dereham, in the village of Necton. We have been going for several years now, including at lunchtime today and have always really enjoyed our meal. The lunchtime menu is full and amazing value. Portions are generous and the vegetables cooked al dente. The pub and restaurant are deservedly popular and worth seeking out. The service in the pub and restaurant is very friendly and the chef (who is also the owner) will often come into the restaurant to chat to diners. It is this level of personal service that distinguishes the Wndmill. Highly recommended.

DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your prompt reveiw. I do enjoy meeting diners in the restaurant and bar, customers comments give me instant feedback, and allows me to meet our customers on a more personal level. I look forward to seeing you again at the Windmill.
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“A hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had a few days away, staying locally found this restaurant by chance, food was superb some very good meals on the menu a must for visitors in Norfolk

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank kelryan
DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Your comments are very well received, we are pleased you took the time to visit us at the Windmill, we look forward to welcoming you again next time you are around these parts of the country. On behalf of my staff and myself thank you.
Swaffham, United Kingdom
“Most Amazing Valentines Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have just returned from the most wonderful meal in my local restaurant in the village of Necton 4 miles outside Swaffham
The tables were beautifully decorated with roses and sparkly silver and red hearts scattered on the table
The menu was given as a poem with the simple version to follow
We had Amuse Bouche - Starters - Lemon Sorbet - Main Course - Desert - Coffee with Ice Cream Chocolates -£29
It was absolutely 5 star quality
The staff and chef were very attentive and friendly
Sadly I didn't photograph the starters and main course as I forgot I had a camera on my phone
So only managed to snap the deserts
Check it out - it knocks spots off many London Restaurants

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank HevaF
DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments and prompt reveiw. All the staff put a lot of effort into making Valentines so special, reading a reveiw like this is the reward.. On behalf of the staff and myself Thank you..
Halesworth, United Kingdom
“Found by chance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We found this pub/restaurant by chance when travelling to a destination in Norfolk. It has to be found off the main road and it is situated in the village of Necton. We were very pleased that we made a diversion on our journey. Good choices from their menu and our lunch proved to be very enjoyable. The food was excellent and the staff were very friendly. We noticed that it got very busy, so if that way again we will make sure to book a table.

• Visited November 2012
DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your positive response, I am so glad you made the diversion, and that my staff and myself made your visit a pleasurable experience, we look forward too meeting you again !!