“An excellent experience”
Review of The Windmill Inn

The Windmill Inn
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Swaffham
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“An excellent experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Sunday lunch at the windmill, a wonderful experience. The food was hot when it arrived at the table, the order was correct, they made us a children's meal that wasn't on the menu, the food was presented nicely on the plate and the staff were happy to help with everything. Will definitely be going again. Thank you.

DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you on your return visit here at the Windmill.

sudbury
“Another great meal with friends at my local”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Had a great meal AGAIN, with friends who were visiting from Essex. Living in the village of Necton, I know how popular the Windmill is, and my friends always choose to eat here when they visit. Reason has to be the well cooked, tasty and well presented food, good menu, nice friendly ambience, friendly staff,great prices.
Choosing from menu is always difficult as so many tasty dishes to choose from. Unfortunately, cannot make any comment on the desserts as I always have the divine creme brulee!! Am told the sticky toffee pudding is to die for, so may have to give it a go sometime!!
Keep up the good work, something good is always successful!

• Visited November 2012
DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Your comments are very well received, thank you. It's a shame you havn't tried the sticky toffee pudding, it is one of my favourite desserts, next time your in let me know, and if you order the brulee I'll give you a taster of the sticky toffee !!! you won't look back.. hope too see you again soon, and a big shout to your friends in Essex !!!!
“Well worth it”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic evening - the service was warm and friendly and the place had a welcoming atmosphere - I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the cheesecake was totally divine - a great price too and definitely worth a return visit

Thank you for your comments, you should take a look at our website www.thenectonwindmill.co.uk where there is a video showing how we make our cheesecake, give it a go. The staff and myself look forward too seeing you back at the Windmill soon.
Boston, United Kingdom
“Fab u lous”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

A party of ten of us had lunch last Friday and were all very happy with the service and the food. We all had the £11 two course menu, some had starters with main while others decided to have the sweet. The food was well cooked and well presented by very pleasant staff that served us. Have booked a return visit and urge anyone who hasn't been to do so. Lovely.

• Visited November 2012
DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your valued comments, we look forward too welcoming you on your return visit..
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxing evening!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This ace deserves the 5* reviews its been getting. From the minute you arrive you are made to feel welcome.

Lovely decor ! I know this isn't top on everyone's list, but it was a real bonus to us. If you like a romantic mood setting without the glaring bright lights you get elsewhere, this is the one for you.

Waitress and waiter service first class, food lovely although I think maybe slightly expensive for the area. This definitely wouldn't put me off of going again as I really enjoyed everything about the place.

It seems you have to book early enough if you want a table for the weekend as it gets booked very quickly. We went on a Friday, and we did book, however it wasn't that busy then so there wouldn't have been a problem.

We had a restaurant meal but I gather you can sit in the bar and have a bar meal. This is cheaper and I have heard its very nice.

Very clean restaurant, great food, great service and I will go again when I go back to Norfolk.

DWhitehair, Owner at The Windmill Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments,I take on board your comments about the cost, but I think for what we offer I feel it to be a fair price, we are seeing many places now charging for extras now, such as veg and potatoes etc, but here their is no extra cost, and at luchtime we offer a 2 course lunch for £11 which is exceptional value and is very popular. Once again thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback, and we look forward to your return to the Windmill.