“Wonderful, family friendly Italian restaurant”
Review of Nico Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Nico Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Remember When Cafe Swaffham, specialises in English traditional homebaked food. All our food is prepared and cooked on site. We have a selection of specialist teas and fresh ground coffee.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have been to Nico's a couple of times with family and its always been fantastic. The authentic italian food is great (even if you don't think you have room for it, try the tiramisu it's amazing!) and the menu does change so always worth a second trip. The restaurant is effortlessly elegant, warm and welcoming. The service is attentive and genuinely friendly, and nothing seems to be to too much trouble.

The last few times we have booked an early table and taken our young daughter, and the staff have all been so accommodating and welcoming that it just makes it a stress-free experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The atmosphere was ver good the food was excellent, this is a little gem tooked away in swatham.

Garlic Mushrooms delicous, fillet of sea bass excellent, Sirloin Steak devine

All in All 10 out of 10

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Perfect. Not an all singing all dancing restaurant, its great food, great service in a very comforting setting. The food is to die for, its relaxed freshly cooked food at great prices. What i look for when i go out is something i could cook for myself but want a night off, Nico's provides great cooked food, with that little something extra. We will be going back soon, and will shout about how great it is to anyone who will listen! Support a great little local italian.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and were staying near Swaffham while on a short break holiday. We went up on our last night to look for somewhere to eat as there was only one option in the little village which was our base.
Having eaten at an excellent Russian restaurant in the town earlier in the week we wanted something different. In the main area there seemed to be only pub and ethnic food to choose from and we were not in the mood for either. We spotted Nicos and although I am fairly ambivalent about Italian Restaurants, back home at least, we decided we better plump for somewhere. As is sometimes the case with unplanned choices, luckily this turned out well for us.
We were greeted in a very friendly manner and seated immediately. The restaurant is small with a very cosy and relaxed atmosphere.
We had mixed garlic mushrooms, olives, mixed salad and lovely garlic bread to start. All very tasty. My wife had a recommended house wine which she judged to be delicious. I had a bottle of the ubiquitous Peroni.
My wife's main was a baked aubergine dish which she said was fresh tasting and delicious. It certainly was a generous portion. I had a fillet of sea bass served on a bed of courgettes in batter and with a light butter and lemon sauce. Perfectly cooked very large fillet of bass accompanied by tasty sautéed potatoes made for a delicious dish. A good espresso and a limoncello each rounded off the meal.
Perhaps a little expensive compared to other options in the square but then again what can you do about the price of good fish.
The food, service and relaxed atmosphere made for one of those very pleasant evenings that quite simply works. We will be back in the area and Nicos is on our list to eat when we are.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Honestly I couldn't give a big enough compliment to this place! We first visited a few weeks ago when my grandmother was unwell in the hospital close to swaffham, we were greeted and served by the owner ( a lovely man) my grand pa and mum soon became regulars and have visited at least 5 times in the last week, always having something different and always leaving impressed. Friday last we call one hour before to book a table for 15 of my family members after my grandmothers funeral and I couldn't believe how accommodating and lovely they were!! Nothing was to much and the owner bent over backwards to be kind and helpful even though as a restaurant manager myself i know big tables can be tough and sometimes a pain in the butt (tripadvisor stopped me using the word I would have) if we were im sorry and it was still amazing and we were all treated so well. Although we no longer have need to be in swaffham we will visit it just to come here as often as we can!! Thank you so much for being so lovely to my grandpa!!Everyone in swaffham should come here, it's truly a jem

2  Thank nugget9