“Tea for Terrific”

Stiffkey Stores
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Stiffkey
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Stiffkey Stores is based in North Norfolk. We sell all sorts of lovely things from delightful home wares and accessories to local & organic produce, including artisan breads and savories. We bake cakes in store and serve the most delicious coffee!
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Friendly staff and a comfortable, attractive courtyard meant we visited the stores a few times during our stay. Nice fresh cakes and traybakes coupled with lovely fresh coffee really got the day off to a good start. The only thing that was odd was the serving girl came all the way outside to tell us our order was on a tray inside (wouldn't it have been easier to bring the tray with her?). This is a minor flaw in an otherwise fabulous place for coffee.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Really lovely store with some quirky and wonderful cakes. good coffee and tea at reasonable prices. helpful staff and some original and interesting objects in the store. - worth a stop, look out for it carefully though as the sign is easy to miss and the parking is limited due to the stone walls surrounding the road and entrance. lovely beachy themed eating area - very much enjoyed by my mum and I.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is not a restaurant as such but a great place for a cup of tea/coffee and cakes. There is also a Post Office and general store. Four of us called in here after a walk on the marshes and had the best chocolate brownie ever! This is my second visit (this time taking friends along who will be back!) and on both occasions the staff (Andy and the girls we met today) could not have been more helpful and friendly. The only downside was that I was not allowed to have the recipe for the brownies! This is a delightful place to visit with all sorts of interesting things in the shop as well as the range of cakes and lovely teas. We will be back! Sarah, Fakenham

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have been to Stiffkey stores a few times whilst on hols in lovely north Norfolk. My husband disliked the smug concept and indeed the Eccles cakes, while I quite enjoyed colluding with the whimsy and thought they did a mean blonde rocky road and a decent cappuccino. This year we were most annoyed, we arrived on foot after a warm walk from Wells at 4 35, they wouldn't serve us with drinks as they close at 5. How very annoying. I was also irritated by bossy signage such as "photos and noting down titles of our books won't be tolerated " - in fact I can't tolerate being told off in that way in advance and it would make me definitely not buy anything!! We would also like them to take apostrophes seriously viz childrens wares..... I feel they are a little too pleased with their pretty place and have lost sight of their raisin d'etre, making the customers happy.

14  Thank KathInLeeds
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We walked from Wells to Cley along the coastal path.
This was the perfect spot to stop for coffee and cake - both of which were excellent.
Tables and chairs outside, some of them in huts for when the weather is not as agreeable as it was for us.