“Go with an empty tummy”

Crofters Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Sheringham
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I have visited this several times over the years it has been open , in evenings we need to share a main meal as there is so much, but our favourite is sunday lunch being vegetarians we are well catered for as well as a main course there is always a good selection of vegetables which are always well cooked the kichen is small but what comes out is exceptional.

There are newer reviews for Crofters Restaurant

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We visited Sheringham for an Easter Monday treat without booking anything. We only popped into Crofters on the off-chance for a spot of lunch, thinking we'd just have something light. However, the menu was so enticing we had more........... my husband had the home-made steak pie with veggies and I had the crab and cheese bake. Both were mouth-wateringly good. We've been going to Sheringham on and off for many year, but this was our first visit to Crofters and won't be our last. The staff are lovely and the prices are good value. Well done.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Crofters is one of my favourite restaurants, and it is in my own town! We come here once or twice a year, and this visit was one of the best! The owner & chef, Terry Butler, trained in Austria, and so the cuisine is mostly Austrian, and is really gorgeous if you like rich food. My starter was home-made fishcake with a tangy cheese sauce, my wife has the avacado and bacon in an amazing creamy sauce, both between £5 and £6. My main was the "carpet-bag" steak, stuffed with Stilton, and served with a sensational rich sauce (£13.50). My wife had the featherblade steak with onions (£11.50). Both meals came with ratatouille, sliced potatoes with a yellow sauce, and green beans. Pudding for me was a pancake filled with chopped roasted nuts and a rich caramel sauce, with home-made ice cream and whipped cream. Boy - what a treat! My wife's dessert was a steamed chocolate and black cherry sponge with ice cream and cream - also very tasty. Both puddings around £5-6. All washed down with a glass of wine. Total bill about £56 for both of us. A wonderful meal

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We found this little restaurant by accident but have now been back three or four times and are now greeted as friends and our usual drinks brought without asking!
The food is, without exception, delicious. The lunchtime specials are a real bargain and there is no sign that quality is, in any way, being sacrificed, to make them pay.
Last time we visited, I finally succumbed to temptation and had the Kaiserschmarren for pudding. Utterly delicious. Try them, if you have the room (the portion are far from small).
One last things - the plates are always hot! Unusual now and a lovely touch.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I treated my wife to a Lobster thermidor meal at this restaurant when it first opened in the 80's and it was superb. Long overdue..last week we revisited the restaurant and I can honestly say that the meal we had was still just as good and real value for money. A lovely little restaurant with loads of character, waitresses knowledgeable, polite and friendly..and forget masterchef..the chefs here knock spots off all these celebrity chefs!! Many thanks for such a pleasant evening, Kindest regards, Gary & Pauline