“Food Poor Value” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lobster

The Lobster
Ranked #12 of 56 Restaurants in Sheringham
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ware, United Kingdom
“Food Poor Value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have been to the Lobster serveral times over the years. Normally have a large lunch, but this time visited with friends and made the mistake of having sandwiches. Prices started at £5.50 and went up. Basically two slices of shop bought sliced loaf and a very thin layer of filling. We had crab, which was meant to be fresh. I have my doubts. Very poor value. The drinks also seem to have gone up in price. The interior of the pub is very dated, but I dont mind that. The beer is good and they have a very large selection of whiskeys. The garden is nice. A disappointing visit and they have a lot of competition nearby.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ian d

Sheringham, England, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Been to the lobster a couple of times for either drinks or food. Drinks are ridiculously priced, brought a round of shots for 5 people and it came to nearly £17!! I never brought a drink in there again. Went for sunday lunch with the family a few months after that and I've never had such a bad roast dinner before. It was a really weird selection with no yorkshire pudding but loads of red cabbage. We complained about the poor quality but never got much of a response. Wont waist my time in there again.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Debbie-Anne C
Porthmadog, United Kingdom
“Group visit at the Stable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked the Stable, the Lobster's restaurant, for our annual dinner while on a walking weekend and enjoyed delicious food and excellent service. My only reservation is that communications beforehand, to decide on our menu, were not brilliant. However the final result, food, venue and service was very good.

• Visited May 2013
Fakenham, United Kingdom
“Where was the crab?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have visited this pub on a number of occasions over the years. Called in last week for a quick bite to eat at lunchtime and ordered two crab sandwiches at a cost of £6.40 each. Despite a notice at the door advertising fresh crab and lobster, what we were served bore very little resemblance to a crab. Sandwiched between two slices of very cheap processed bread was a wet brown substance, obviously from a catering pack of sandwich filling. It was accompanied by a few tired leaves and a solitary strip of green pepper. Very poor quality and very pricey, so we won't be returning. If anyone wants a really good fresh crab sandwich, go to the stall next to The Lobster and get a feast for £4.50

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jenny R
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Best meal I have eaten in ages!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went here to eat with my Partner on a cold and wet evening in June! The bar was busy but we got a table and were greeted by the friendly barman, after checking to see if they were serving food we were given a menu and ordered a couple of drinks. I chose chilli mushrooms with potato wedges and my partner ordrerd a burger, the meal was brought to us by a very pleasant lady chef and I can honestly say that is was the best meal that I have eaten in a long time and my partner thought the same. My meal was tasty and a generous portion,we also had carrot cake for dessert and that was lovely too.The bill came to £52,which included two drinks each.I don't understand all of the negative comments on here, as I couldn't find fault with anything,and I am quite particular where and what I eat,This is by far the best pub food available in this area.Compared to the meal we had in our Hotel it was far superior.