“Sheringham at its Best”

The Dales Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sheringham
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Visited this hotel for afternoon tea, It was perfect. Have been to the Ritz and can say this was as good. The service was perfect. We were late to arrive,but phoned and the lady we spoke to was charming[as were all the staff]
We sat in the garden as it was a beautiful day, however the interior of this hotel was good and i am sure we would have enjoyed eating there as well.
Will go back there for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trevera-13

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We haven't stayed at the hotel but have eaten in the restaurant. The overall experience was lovely, with superb food and excellent service all in wonderful surroundings.I can also thoroughly recommend the afternoon tea, especially if the weather is pleasant enough for tea to be taken in the beautiful gardens.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JGleave
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. This time we were upgraded to the Harrier Room, which overlooked the gardens. The hotel is lovely, lots of charm, very helpful staff and an excellent restaurant. The real bonus for me was the fact that I was able to walk out of the side door each morning and run in the park. Will be back next year.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We spent a lovely three days on a birthday weekend and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and especially the surrounds. Booking online was easy, great service and support setting up all the birthday extras etc. Cake was perfect, both dinners we ate in the hotel were very well presented and the service cannot be faulted. Many thanks to Lynne who set up all the booking for me and also the rest of the staff who couldn't be more helpful. If this is Norfolk hospitality at it's best, it doesn't get any better. This hotel is on our calendar for a repeat and sooner rather than later.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have just returned from a couple of days at the Dales Country House Hotel, which we booked through Off Peak Luxury. This was our first visit to this hotel and we were really pleased with the whole experience. We received a complementary upgrade to a superior room as part of our dinner, bed & breakfast package. The room was lovely, beautifully clean with views over Upper Sheringham. Nice bathroom with big, warm, soft bath sheet towels. The food at breakfast was very nice and the evening meals were superb. We mixed and matched between the table d'hôte and the a la carte menus but all the meals were well cooked and presented. I think the outstanding feature of this hotel was the helpful, friendly staff in reception and in the restaurant. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble and they all seemed to be happy and cheerful, which made our experience at the hotel that bit more enjoyable. The location is good for exploring North Norfolk, being just a few miles inland from Sheringham, which is very pretty, and not too far from Cromer or indeed from Norwich. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

1  Thank Angelcake
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed one night at the Dales. Excellent staff, lovely spacious room, though my bad back was not keen on the bed. Close enough to the coast and backing onto Sheringham park which we had a wander around. Restaurant was busy and the food was very good, especially the cream tea in the afternoon and the chocolate fondant dessert.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When booking this hotel it very clearly said on their website "Do you take pets? ANSWER
We regret that we cannot take pets at The Dales. If you want to bring a dog on your break in North Norfolk, you might like to consider our sister hotel the Sea Marge which has some rooms which allow pets". I have an allergy to dogs so felt confident in booking a weekend there - how wrong was I!!
We were shown to the room - it smelt "doggy" but we just thought that it was some odd damp smell but after being in the room a while I started becoming unwell. To cut a long story short I was asked by the receptionist why I hadn't highlighted that I had an allergy & was told that of course they took in dogs, quite clearly oblivious to what their website said. We were moved rooms but the weekend was spoilt.
When checking out I was asked where the comment I have pasted above was - I showed the receptionist the website she was surprised but by the time we got home they had speedily changed the website - it now says :- "Do you take pets? ANSWER
Some rooms are available for those who wish to bring a well behaved dog. There may be an additional charge. Pets are not allowed in other bedrooms as this can upset those with allergies".
I made a complaint & they answered 19 days later following the intervention of "off peak luxury" the response was poor - I wrote back but to date have not received any other communication.
I take exception to the term " upset those with allergies" - I become ILL not upset - are they as laid back about other allergies such as nuts in the restaurant.
Without the intervention of Off Peak luxury they would never have responded - in my view customer service is vitally important particularly when things go wrong, by their actions towards me, this company quite clearly did not care.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roastpotato
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheringham
The Links Country Park Hotel & Golf Club
The Cliftonville Hotel
The Norfolk Mead Hotel
The Norfolk Mead Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coltishall

Been to The Dales Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!