“Very nice trip out” 4 of 5 bubbles

North Norfolk Railway
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Sheringham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A 10.5-mile trip through beautiful parts of the region, hauled by a steam engine or heritage diesel locomotive. Steam trains run daily throughout the summer. All our trains offer stunning views of the Norfolk coast between Sheringham and Weybourne, Sheringham Park and Kelling Heath. We have a wide range of special events throughout the year to cater for the young and young at heart, see our website for our latest programme.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Lincoln
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very nice trip out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Lovely little trip out on the railway. The trains are good and the stations are great, a step back in time to a vintage era. Well worth a visit.

norfolk
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“A real treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I only live sixteen miles away but have never been on The Dining Train. After today I see what I have missed! We set off at 12pm on our Mid Week Diner and it was around 2.45 when I got off. It was even better as it was raining outside and the seats were really comfortable. For £32 we had a choice of three mains and three starters which were pre-ordered, plus coffee and a mint. I had chosen Chicken breast, in a white wine and chive sauce, with new potatoes, and a side plate of vegetables, which was delicious.There was also a tasty crusty roll. Also tasty was the cheese and biscuits I had to follow, which consisted of three different cheeses, crackers, grapes and celery sticks. I had two small bottles of my favourite white wine, Pino Grigio, which were £3.50 each, and to sit there and be waited on is just so relaxing. All the front of house staff and some of the catering staff are volunteers it says on my menu, and what a fantastic job they did. I will be back, and would like to say thank you to everyone for a most enjoyable trip. Real value for money!

Orpington, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A trip back in time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

There was not really anything to dislike about this Railway apart from the fact that there is not enough length to the track! The staff looked great in their uniforms and brought back memories of how well the railways used to run.

Kettering, United Kingdom
294 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Steam train heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Staying at Barnham Broom, we took a nice car journey to Wymondham, and caught the train to Norwich, where we changed and caught the Sheringham train. Which stops just over the road from the North Norfolk Railway. Having at light breakfast, we then travelled on the steam line from Sheringham to Holt, a lovely trip. The service was excellent, and I would recommend all to go a savour the delights of yesteryear.

Visited May 2014
solihull
220 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 395 helpful votes
“Short But Very Scenic Journey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My colleague and I (steam buffs we admit) visited the NNR whilst in Norfolk for the weekend and although it is a short journey (5 1/2 miles) it is very scenic and we consider good value(£11.50 Adult £10.50 Senior) for all type of travellers.

We parked the car at Weybourne (lovely country station..excellent platform gents toilets) as we knew that the engine shed and the railway stock were held here and then we travelled to Sheringham for lunch (fish and chips at Dave's Fish Restaurant...very good) and then a return trip to Weybourne via the end of line at Holt (a mile from the town centre...bus at the end of car park on the main road every half an hour)

We found all the staff at the stations and on the train very friendly and helpful (a credit to the railway) and wish them all the best for the future.

Visited May 2014