“A little piece of heaven!!”

Priory Maze and Gardens
Ranked #5 of 21 things to do in Sheringham
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Visited the restaurant and gardens recently and it was a wonderful experience. The food is excellent and can highly recommend the homemade cakes. Service was superb and the prices were very good.
Did not realise how big the gardens are and thought they were amazing. We sat by the lake and found it absolute bliss...Only wish I had taken a book to read. So tranquil and completely relaxing. With so many different areas and plants to see and such wonderful food, I shall certainly be going there again.
Well done to The Babbage family on such an amazing piece of heaven :D

There are newer reviews for Priory Maze and Gardens

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My friend and I visited Foxgloves Tea Rooms Beeston Regis on Thursday 2 May. We arrived at 11.30 and although the day was sunny there was a cool wind blowing. Mt friend is in her 80s so we decided to eat inside rather than outside where there were many seat, only one set taken.
The décor inside was clean, bright and cheerful although the wooden seat with cushions on them were not very comfortable. There was music playing popular song very loudly. The waitress who greeted us was very pushy that we should sit outside, but we ignored her. She was untidily dressed and spoke very, very loudly, almost shouting at us, I am not in my 80s! We sat at a table and read the menu on the table, very shortly the same waitress arrived to take our order, again talking very, very loudly, and perhaps it was to be hearing over the loud music. We ordered coffee and toasted tea cakes. The waitress quickly bought our coffee and seemed very unsure when she was carrying it, as she said `I am trying not to spill any coffee into the saucers'. We were left waiting for the tea cakes until we decided to ask if we had been forgotten, but just before we could speak a young lad, again rather untidily dressed, apologised for the wait and said the tea cakes would soon be arriving. They soon did but by that time our coffee was cold. The tea cakes were tasty but were served with wrapped portions of butter that was so hard we could not spread it. The young waiter soon arrived back with our bill but when we went to the desk to pay there was not a soul about and we had to wait for about five minutes before the waiter again appeared to take our money. The blackboard with `special' written on it had only two choices and both of them were nearly £10 for what appeared to be snack food. Although the parking was plentiful and the interior bright, It is not a place to which I would hurry back.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This has a maze which is great for all the family and lovely gardens to walk and relax in. It has been taken over but still looks good.
The cafe is wonderful with great sandwiches, this is still run by the same people

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Wide range of homemade dishes. Wonderful pies and sumptuous cakes. Good service and reasonable prices.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The gardens are beautiful - they are really well maintained as have a really nice selection of flowers. I particularly enjoy the stunning hydrangeas. Its also great to see the water running through and the ponds. I could definitely spend an afternoon just walking around and looking at all the flowers. Very relaxing. I also enjoy the maze, me and my family split up in twos and race the get around and solve the anagram. Each year you still get a bit lost! We then meet up in the cafe and discuss answers. This place can be as much fun as you make it. You have to take your time to enjoy it.