“Reasonable lunch”
Review of Crown Inn

Crown Inn
Ranked #26 of 58 Restaurants in Sheringham
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Crown Inn, Sheringham a Traditional seaside pub With a seafront location, sea views, an extensive food menu and real ale, The Crown Inn is the perfect location for enjoying a refreshing pint or a glass of wine and bite to eat. The Crown has been run by Bob Brewster since 1978 and hosts events for holiday makers and locals alike. Food is served from 12 noon to 9 in the evening, seven days a week which includes traditional Sunday Roasts with indoor and outdoor seating. Regular events include the very popular Monday night quiz, discos and live bands.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a lunch in here as we were passing. It was friendly, clean and the food was ok. Not great for veggies unless you like mushrooms (I don't).
Had a ploughmans which was quite tasty although the modern thing of warming the bread is not ideal.
Prices were very good due to the 2 for 1 offer but I'm not sure if that's just coz we're off season.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Having just spent a week in North Norfolk,we called in at the crown and were delighted with the the outside seating area overlooking the sea.
The staff serving on the tables and behind the bar were first class.
Good food served in the most pleasant surroundings,what more could you ask for.
A return visit is a certainty

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Ok pub good out door bit for smokers, dont know if it does food just had the beer there done out 50s retro style clean & tidey pub.

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

A have eaten a couple of times here now, and have been slightly perplexed by what is included in the salad. Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion all good. I didn't even flinch at the apple or grape in it, but banana? Not what I would class as a salad ingredient.

Putting the banana to one side the rest of the food was fine. We didn't venture to the pudding menu, just in case there was brussels in the trifle.

Oh, and they serve a great pint of wherry.

1  Thank TimRowe1130
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Took mother in law for what is a rare treat for her to lunch at The Crown. I chose battered cod, chips & peas. The batter was extremely dark brown and when I hacked my way through it I could see it was a piece of fish that had clearly been cooked more than once. The fish was barely there under the mound of dark brown dried up crunch. Staff very friendly and polite asked if all ok when collecting plates (with my mound of crunch) and when I pointed out it had clearly been fried more than once she assured me the pub do not do this, no apology. My family will not be returning to the Crown.

1  Thank Julia M