“Great location, great accommodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheringham
Knollside Lodge Sheringham
Ranked #18 of 33 Sheringham B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Have stayed many times at Knollside, extremely comfortable rooms accompanied by attentive hosts and fantastic breakfasts. Ideally suited for sheringhams classic seaside town attractions, great pubs and brilliant local dishes.

Room Tip: There are only three and all are excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at Knollside for 2 nights in October, and would definitely recommend it to other travellers. The standard of accommodation is extremely high even by many hotel standards, never mind for a B&B in someone's home. As mentioned by previous reviewers the attention to detail is amazing and all the little touches - sweets replenished daily, provision of hair mousse & hairspray, little notepad to mark breakfast preferences - just add to what is already a great place to stay. The rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable. We stayed in Blickling room but managed a peek into the others as we were the only guests at the time. Each room is different but no less spacious and I assume all have the same facilities. Breakfasts are very good, with a choice of a cooked english breakfast or alternatives such as smoked salmon, kippers and others I can't recall, following a selection of fruit and cereals. Avril is a lovely hostess and has the perfect balance between chatting, helpfulness and leaving you to your own company. As an added bonus the property is in an extremely convenient location, just a few minutes walk into town by road or a little bit longer along the seafront- but a very pleasant stroll. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Blickling has some partial seaviews (other rooms don't as face a different direction. A lovely...
Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have stayed at the Knollside Lodge many times over the years and it never fails to please, it is noticeable on each occasion that some form of re-furbishment has taken place in order to ensure it is never looks tired. Avril & Michael extend the sort of cordial hospitality which is hard to find in many "so called" 5 star hotels. All the rooms are bright, spotlessly clean, spacious and the beds are so comfortable it's difficult to get up in the morning but, you must in order to enjoy the breakfast which believe me, will set you up for the day. Excellent stay again and we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I had a very enjoyable five night stay in mid-September 2013 while touring parts of England. We had originally booked for four nights, but with flexible travel plans, and enjoying both the attractions of the Sheringham area and our accommodation were fortunate to be able to extend our stay by an additional night.
Arriving fairly late after dark our hostess, Avril, showed us to our room dispensed with the formalities of payment and registration so that we could venture into Sheringham to find supper. We completed the formalities after breakfast the following morning.
Our room, the Oxburgh named for the nearby attraction of Oxburgh Hall, was well appointed and spacious with both a two-seater settee and a table with two chairs in the bay window. I had good wi-fi reception at the table. The bed was very comfortable, although I did find myself feeling as though I was about to roll out of it on several occasions. I was impressed by the tea-making facilities, and with Avril's response to my wife's request for fresh milk for the tea; we had a flask of milk virtually instantaneously, and it was renewed each day we stayed. The en-suite bathroom contained what has to be one of the smallest baths I have come across, although it was more than adequate to stand in for the shower, which had both plenty of hot water and good pressure.
The full English breakfasts were superb, and set me up for the rest of the day.
The location was excellent and there was off-street parking available for four vehicles. Access to the promenade from Knollside was extremely convenient being just a short stroll down a path immediately across the street, and the town centre itself just a few minutes walk away.
In short, should we be in Sheringham again, our first inquiry will be of Avril to determine if she has a room available for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Avril and Michael are very welcoming and make you feel at home straightaway. The rooms are very clean ,well proportioned and have all the amenities you might require on a short break including wifi.

The breakfasts are first rate to include fruit,seeds (unusual) and cereal and of course egg bacon sausage tomato mushroom and hash browns, no need to interrupt the day with lunch!

Lovely walk into town along the prom.The bedrooms are named after local NT properties Blickling,Felbrigg and Oxburgh which are all worth visiting.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013

my wife and I have just had another perfect weekend at Knollside Lodge.I have lost count of the
number of times we have stayed with Avril and Michael but the first time must have been around
six years ago.We visit at least once a year.The rooms are beautifully furnished and very comfortable with everything you could possibly need.There is a wide choice for breakfast to suit
everyone.Ever since our first visit we have been treated as friends and it really is like going to a second home.To us, Sherringham is a special place to stay but so also,is Knollside Lodge-they go hand in hand.Thank you Avril for another enjoyable break and we look forward to being with you again soon.Jackie and John

Room Tip: we have now stayed in all rooms and they are all excellent - no one is better than the other
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

As a senior contributor to this site; as with all my reviews I will give a balanced, accurate reflection of my stay. Stayed here for four nights in June 2013.
Situation & Admin. Knollside Lodge is located at the top of a relatively steep hill about 10 minutes walk from the centre of Sheringham, it has wonderful gardens and is in a quiet residential road. Check in was an effortless process, payment is expected up front on arrival if you have not stayed before. Cards are not accepted so make sure you have cash or a cheque book to hand if you’ve not stayed before. Parking for two vehicles, three if you squeeze but there are three rooms however, so invariably somebody will get left out, but there is adequate safe street parking nearby. WiFi available although the signal wasn’t very strong in certain parts of my room, speeds of 9M down and 3M up were achieved on a speed test. Strong 2G EDGE signal on Vodafone and strong 3G HSDPA signal on Orange/T-Mobile in the building.
Rooms. They are well decorated and well equipped TV, DVD and VHS Video along with extras such as hand creams etc. Only powdered milk on the hospitality tray but I expect the proprietor would have given you fresh milk if you had asked. Bed was comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean. I had a large room overlooking the rear garden, lovely view and aspect. Rooms well ventilated too.
Food. Only breakfast is offered, good choice of cereal and cooked, the “vegetarian” option appeared to be the same as the full English but minus bacon and sausage! Only comment I would make is that it would be nice if vegetarian sausages were offered for vegetarians, otherwise no faults at all. Quality of food was excellent, it was fresh, well prepared and tasted good.
Summary. Great place to stay, very friendly chatty proprietor. Very clean and well equipped. Ideal for leisure breaks and for business travellers staying a few nights.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gnatfish1992
Avril Brenda D, Owner at Knollside Lodge Sheringham, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I must thank you for putting a trip advisor note/tome on the site.
Both my husband and I take just over 5 minutes to walk into town. If we stroll along the promenade we would take 10 minutes.
With regard to payment being ‘upfront’ that has occurred over the past 5/6 years as people have gone without paying, of course once a person has been here once there is always an element of trust so payment on arrival is not needed. Unfortunately being a small business card machines are an expense that a lot of business in the North Norfolk area choose not to pay for.
I am very concerned about where you parked, obviously not in Knollside’s parking area. The width of the car park is 32’2” as the normal car park space is 8’ there is enough space for 4 abreast and still there is the hard standing by the side of the garage; 5 cars in a normal car park. We like our guests to have plenty of room so do say there are 3 car parking spaces abreast and one on the hard standing; 4 cars. No one wants to struggle to park when on holiday. It is our car park and within our grounds so no one else should park there, plenty of room for all guests and us.
Most fascinating reading regarding speed & strength of signal for wifi. Most guests who do comment say it is good. When I was asked by the computer engineer to check strength I went into every bedroom and ensuite and the signal was good. I will show him your observations and see what he has to say on the matter.
In the brochure it quite clearly states fresh milk will be provided on request I put a flask in the room and change daily. I will not have the small jiggers of milk as the chances of one being opened with out being spilt is pretty remote and I do not want milk spilt on the carpets. There are always quorn sausages and a selection of breakfast items includes vegetarian options also fish, yes, you may have a breakfast minus the meat but there is always other items that would facilitate a vegetarians need.
Once again I must thank you for your time in writing the comments and would look forward to seeing you again.