“flavour sensation!”
Review of The Bank

The Bank
Ranked #5 of 59 Restaurants in Sheringham
Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Description: We are open for lunch, serving mainly a selection of British Food.In the evening we serve our Asian menu.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

we visited during the week just before going to the Little Theatre (very convenient location) so it we were the only ones in but I can say that the meal we ordered was outstanding. I was tempted by the PUDNI CHICKEN which was excellent - the different levels of flavour was extraordinary and the large pieces of boneless chicken were all well flavoured, the other meal was the vegetarian option - NAVRATTAN KORMA and this was also spot on. I agree this isn't your normal India food, but something far better - I will back to try the other items and yes it cost a bit more but it was all worth it.

1  Thank lisa2u

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Lovely friendly atmosphere. Attentive, friendly staff. Good selection of wines and amazing choice of teas! Extensive menu and authentic flavours. Well worth a visit

Reviewed January 8, 2014

If you fancy something a little different try the Nepalise menu at the Bank. The quality of the food is very good the sevice is swift the staff arefriendly, attentive and welcoming. The decore is perhaps a little plain but overall not a bad dining experience we will go again.

2  Thank GillianMalc
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is Nepalese, similar to Indian, but not multi coloured, greasy, or covered in excess sauce. It's a little more expensive but large portions - the meat and seafood mixed platter could easily be shared and I hear lunchtime specials are good value. It's a modern spacious, comfortable restaurant, English family owned and run but (I assume) specialist chef. We've been several times now and will go back, a few more smiles and making you feel welcome attitude from the male half of the owning team wouldn't go amiss plus it's great that the menu also includes more traditional times if you don't want to go for the Nepalese. Bit of effort in certain areas could turn this one into a really popular and favourite destination.

1  Thank wedgieBedford
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Once you get past the rather shifty looking man in charge and the large dining space, mainly empty at lunch time in winter, this place is great for lunch on a budget when you don't have much time. I hope they get more customers. I had lasagne and chips which was served promptly and was a moderate portion just right for the time of day. My food was very tasty and kept me satisfied for the rest of the day. There are Nepalese kitchen staff because I passed a man on my way to the toilet. So far in my quest for lunch in winter in Sheringham, this is the best place. I'd like to go back to try a Nepalese dish.

1  Thank Diane E