“Great”

Ranked #16 of 33 Sheringham B&B and Inns
South East England
“Great”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very good for the price, great fruit salad breakfast came quickly and was freshly cooked. Nice to have lots of single rooms would stay there again. Loved the cat pity he wouldn't fit in my suitcase!
Will return next time I visit Sheringham

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
South West UK
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Depending on what sort of trip I am going on, I have different requirements for the hotel I book. If I'm catching some sun I want a pool, air conditioning in my room and a short walk to the beach; if I'm treating my mum to a theatre break in London I want a lift, afternoon tea, nice toiletries and bottles of water in the room. If I am going away for a few days at the seaside, I want a homely atmosphere, a short walk to everything and a good breakfast - and the Melrose ticked all these boxes in the best way! It is literally not even five minutes' walk from the bus and train stations, and the owners are the friendliest hosts you could wish for; their lovely cat was a great bonus, and for those reviewers who have complained about the cat - the Melrose's website makes it abundantly clear that they have a cat before you even make a booking. My room had everything I wanted, including wifi (which was free - once again making me wonder why so many London hotels charge rip-off prices for their wifi!) as well as an extremely comfortable bed and a shower with tons of hot water. Breakfast really set me up until well past lunchtime - cereal, toast, a very nice home made fruit salad and a lovely full English. (this included delicious sausages from the local butcher - so bonus points to the Melrose for not skimping and buying the nasty cheap sausages that a lot of B & B's use!) And how much did all this cost me? An amazing thirty five pounds a night - yes, in the middle of the summer! Thank you for a great stay, John and Suzanne - I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank blackdahlia
London
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My sister and I stayed here again and, as ever, we were very well received. The rooms are clean and comfortable with good en-suite facilities and excellent showers. The breakfast was first class and I'd thoroughly reccomend the Melrose

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Melrose is ideally situated near the centre of Sheringham, one minute from the North Norfolk Railway station and three minutes from the towns shops and restaurants. The welcome was warm and friendly, car parking was limited to 4 spaces which is more than most in Sheringham. Rooms were comfortable and clean, the whole place looked a little tired and as someone else has said '70's style. Breakfast was enough and the stay pleasent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This bed-and-breakfast operates from a large converted Victorian end-of-terrace house. It is situated just outside the centre of the town, about a ten-minute walk to the seafront. It also has the added convenience of its own off-street car park to the rear.

We had a double room and a single for a one-night stay in June 2013.

The establishment is clean, with modern décor in the rooms and in the passages and hallways. My room was a reasonably large double, and the en suite shower room seemed to be modern. There was a minor problem with my shower, which I mentioned to the owner on departure.

The breakfast room was the only part of the establishment that looked to be in need of an update, with a rather drab brown-patterned carpet and lace tableware which seemed to hark back to the style of the 1970s. However, the cooked breakfast was good, and there was a plentiful selection of cereals available on a buffet.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay here, and we found the owners to be hospitable and welcoming.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Haut-Brion
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was stranded far from home on a friday night with nowhere to go with a broken down vehicle and I could not be recovered till the morning. In the pooring rain with a vacancies sign in the window I was desperate for somewhere to sleep for the night. A man answered the door to me and told me he was not interested at this time of night and slammed the door in my face. Firstly why would you turn away business when you have empty rooms and secondly how can you not care about another person in the world having nowhere to sleep for a night in the rain. Strongly I would advise to stay away from this very rude uncaring man who runs this b and b.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 1207908David_H
Deal, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent one night at the Melrose in a double room the room and ensuite shower room were small but adequate probably a little claustrophobic for a long stay. It was however clean and airy with beautiful white bed linen
The breakfast was freshly cooked and served to individual orders at tables with white pristine table linen a pleasant change from lukewarm breakfast served buffet style. There was a choice of English breakfast or kippers with cereal , fresh fruit , juice and toast

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Davin14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheringham
The Dales Country House Hotel
Burlington Berties
Burlington Berties
#1 of 33 in Sheringham
Hooray Henrys Boutique B&B Sheringham

Been to Holway House? Share your experiences!