“A Sherringham Gem”

Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Sheringham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Marmalade's is a small, charming, husband and wife run restaurant in a beautiful seaside town. Perfect for romantic meals, special occasions and family gatherings. The food is homely, yet elegant and the wine list is extensive with something special to suit all budgets. Marmalade's is available for private hire and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. If you have any questions or special requirements then don't hesitate to ask our friendly team.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Cant fault this Excellent popular Bistro.

The food was excellent, how often do you have 3 courses and say I think one part was the best bit, but here all 3 were great. Clean and comfortable surroundings, a friendly buzz about the place. The staff were all very friendly and attentive without being annoyingly in your face asking repeatedly if everything is ok. A perfect evening at a reasonable price ... Thank you Marmalades!

1  Thank tourist089
There are newer reviews for Marmalade's Bistro

Reviewed July 13, 2013

A small restaurant which is family run. The menu is seasonal and even tough its not extensive the food is exceptional. The first time I went I hadn't booked but as it was a table of 1 they managed to fit me in, had a great view of what was going on thanks to the big mirror on the back wall. I enjoyed my visit so much that I booked for the last night of my 4 day stay and was as pleased as with the first visit. The only downside was payment had to be either cash or cheques they don't take cards but I had been pre warned about this but some of the other diners didn't know.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The kind of family run restaurant that every small town should have. The welcome is warm and the surroundings, in one small room, comfortable and light. The service was excellent , with drinks being offered immediately ( the bottled San Miguel was suitably cold) . The menu is fairly brief, as is the wine list, but both manage to offer sufficient choice. The wines are well chosen and good value, mainly under £20. The house rose was fine.
The cooking and presentation is of a very high standard...it was difficult to fault either of the starters, pressed local crab and a chicken liver pate, while the main courses were outstanding, the crab risotto was full of zingy Thai flavours which still let the taste of the crab come through while the herb crusted cod was a good piece of fish cooked just right. If I was being picky I would say the accompanying vegetables , although nicely cooked and presented, were a bit boring...carrots and the dreaded broccoli, while the local shops were full of English beans and peas.
We didn't manage a pudding. They don't take cards which wasn't a problem but they should probably mention this when you book.
Not exactly a bargain place to eat, but a very fair value for the quality and service. If I lived locally this would be a once a month at least sort of place.....and such lovely people running it. Go....you will be made very welcome !!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Today my partner and I went to Sheringham. A lovely day out. To make it even better I had a taste for a burger. So we went to Marmalade and low and behold they had burgers on the menu. My partner had the Chicken curry. He could have lick the bowl. He said it was fantastic. I had the burger. I do love a well made burger and this was excellent. Just the right amount of everything and the Marmalade onions hit the spot. I know it sounds stupid going on about a burger but our pallets have been damage by the rubber stuff. Thank you for bringing back the taste of the past with a really delicious and well made home cook burger.

1  Thank Cerise L
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A nice place for a good quality meal with good service. The restaurant was clean and comfortable with a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Pete032