“Always something yummy to buy!”
Review of The Norfolk Deli

The Norfolk Deli
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Hunstanton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Norfolk Deli is a traditional delicatessen which you’ll find just off the high street in Hunstanton. Multi award winning we’re used to being judged and reviewed by the industries experts which has resulted in our being the Norfolk Food & Drink Awards 'Best Independent Food & Drink Retailer' 2015, Finalist in The Deli of the Year Awards (2016) and runner up twice in the Observer Food Monthly awards (to name a few). We have also been awarded a certificate of excellence by TripAdvisor 2016. We are a family run establishment owned and run by a husband and wife team. You will find either one or both of us in the shop which is open 7 days a week throughout the year. Being a traditional deli means that you choose from a wonderful ranges of cheeses, charcuterie and classic deli (hard to find) products. We focus on offering our customers the highest quality local produce. We offer in excess of 100 sandwich combinations (all of which are made-to-order) for us it’s not about being the least expensive, it’s about offering the widest most imaginative tasty, range of sandwiches available. The vast majority of our customers agree! We support local producers wherever we can which includes locally blended/roasted tea and coffee made by artisan producers here in Norfolk. So if you want to try something different? This is the place to visit. Stuck for a present? We offer a wide range of Gift Hampers on our website or we’ll help create one exclusively for you. Spending a day on the beach doesn’t get better than when you order and pick up one of our luxury picnic hampers. We also bake cakes for all occasions cater for events, tea parties, business lunches and more. .
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We always visit the deli when we are in Hunny and on our last visit I decided to put a picnic lunch together for the family. I bought 4 of their filled rolls, and they were superb! Full of delicious filling, and such a difficult choice on what to have! The owners are very friendly, and have made some good changes to the place since taking it over :) I love this shop x

1  Thank Claracluzel
mkacary, Owner at The Norfolk Deli, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

I believe I remember your visit and so glad you enjoyed the sandwiches, we look forward to catering for any further requirements you may have, many thanks for the review and the kind words you have regarding the changes we have made.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Popped in for a coffee. Offered the facilities of Recipe Search Table in the
Atmospheric cellar to enjoy the brilliant coffee in comfort. The choices of cheeses and local produce are only surpassed by the caring enthusiasm of the proprietors. Good luck to them

1  Thank Mike H
mkacary, Owner at The Norfolk Deli, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Many thanks for taking the time and effort to send in a review. It was great to meet you and so glad that you like our cellar and our recipe corner. We hope to meet you again next time you visit Hunstanton.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were passing through Hunstanton today on our way back home having had a few days away in Norfolk! My partner had a taste for fish & chips however I wanted something more hearty and wholesome! I stumbled across The Norfolk Deli and was welcomed by a nice couple who I assume to be the owners. They were extremely friendly and talkative and explained a little about the concept and mindset behind the deli! You could tell these people are foodies by the passion they have for there products so I knew I was in good company!

So I had an apple, Brie and ham sandwich with a little chutney on granary bread and I have to say it was lovely! The ham was fresh and chunky, the bread tasty and nutty and the variety of apple worked really well in the sandwich! So if I'm being honest the sandwich wasn't cheap, but then you wouldn't go to the Norfolk Deli for a mass produced petrol station style sandwich! In conclusion you pay for what you get in this world and if you want something healthy and scrummy then you won't go far wrong!

1  Thank Andy-The-Screwmonger
mkacary, Owner at The Norfolk Deli, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Many thanks for your very kind comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed the sandwich. We take great pride in ensuring that the contents of our sandwiches are of the highest quality so it is always gratifying to obtain such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you next time you are In Hunstanton to possibly try another sandwich and of course see the continuing transformation of the Deli. We always love finding the time to chat to people who appreciate good quality food as much as obviously you do.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This deli is delightful. It has a wonderful variety of food and wine/beer and there seems to be an emphasis on local Norfolk products. The husband and wife owners are very friendly and extremely knowledgable. We loved this shop!!

1  Thank Helene582
NorfolkDeli, General Manager at The Norfolk Deli, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I visited the Norfolk Deli on a regular trip in to Hunstanton, I'd never noticed it before so I headed in to see what it was about. The owners who have just taken over are really friendly and clearly have a passion for what they do. I have never seen so many great looking cheeses. I bought some JoC's beers and they are delicious!

I will definitely be back!

1  Thank Lucy S

Many thanks for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. Especially glad you liked the joc's ale. It's a particular favourite of ours too.