“Order the menu option with accompanying wines!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hunstanton
The Neptune Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 22 Hunstanton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Wow! what a great place and great owners. Kevin is a great cook and his wife is very helpful and fun.
We stayed there for one night and the room was spotless. I loved the coffee machine and the great selection of teas. All very high quality.
And we stayed there for dinner... order the menu with the accompanying wines... but make sure you are hungry! Great value for money too.
They are truly passionate about food and they do a super job. Wish them the best.
We hope to come back soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2014

An excellent meal, lovely setting and ambiance with charming hosts. The Neptune really met our (high) expectations, from the aperitifs, the delicious pre-starter, excellent food throughout, lovely fires, even the timing of the meal was perfectly paced.
Only little moan is that I'd prefer a bath in our room but the room/dinner rate is very reasonable compared to competitors so it is unreasonable to expect de-luxe. The bed is also on the soft side.
We would be delighted to return one day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My partner and I had booked a table for our anniversary, we have eaten at the Neptune on many occasions before and this was just as good as the times before. We decided this time to opt for the tasting menu as we had never tried this. The menu consisted of eight courses all blending from one to the next very well, the parsnip course was for me the stand out dish but the beet root canapé was a close second as far as taste goes. All courses had something to offer although I have to say what seemed to be the main course part of the menu the lemon sole did somewhat lack flavour. All in all great service and great food and I was so full I did leave some doughnuts at the end, it's a good job we didn't get any bread this time. Will go back for sure.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paul-kl
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited the Neptune for lunch today and was impressed, a quaint intimate restaurant with cosy open fires and friendly hosts. The food was enjoyable I had the skate to start and the roast beef and my partner had the chicken terrine and the Hare. My fish was beautiful and the beef pink and tender just how i like it, i personally prefer a bit more seasoning on my roasties. We enjoyed the cinnamon donuts with our coffees :) Overall we both thought Very nice but not quite wow enough to give a 5 out of 5 for the money spent.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tory29
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and and I have just returned from our first visit to the Neptune. Quite honestly we are lost for words! What a delightful, small restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere, tastefully decorated and A small, cosy bar area for a welcome drink upon arrival. The staff were attentive (without being too over the top), nothing too much trouble BUT the food was just to die for. Kevin is a great chef and Jackie works the front of house with just the right amount of enthusiasm. My choice of menu was salmon mousse followed by the roast beef and finished off with sticky toffee pudding, each course just delicious! My husband enjoyed seared mackerel to start, followed by sea bass and mussel stew and a very nice cheese board to finish. Our coffees were served with warm cinnamon doughnuts and chocolate dipping sauce. Attention to detail seems to be the order of
the day at The Neptune but this did not spoil our visit and indeed we shall be visiting again very
soon. It only remains for me to thank my family for giving me such a lovely memorable birthday gift. If you are visiting Hunstanton give The Neptune a visit, I am positive you will enjoy the experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan D
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband booked a table at The Neptune for my birthday last weekend. We were welcomed in from the torrential rain and sat in front of a roaring fire in the very cosy bar area. Kevin gave us some advice on what wine to choose and we perused the menu at leisure. We were planning to eat from the main menu, but struggled to choose from so many tempting dishes so opted for the tasting menu. We were so pleased we did. There were some courses that didn't immediately 'grab' us when reading the menu, but every single course was absolutely delightful. Our taste buds were given an absolute treat and every mouthful was savoured. What a wonderful way to spend an evening. Thank you to Kevin and Jackie for being such wonderful hosts, striking the perfect balance between friendly and professional. We look forward to another visit in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KSimm0
Reviewed November 1, 2013

my wife and I went here for my birthday and stayed overnight, We cannot fault this absolute gem of a restaurant, everything from arrival , room , meal, was wonderful. cannot praise the owners Kevin and Jackie enough.. we will definitely be visiting again very soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunstanton
Caley Hall Hotel
The Golden Lion Hotel and Bar
Titchwell Manor Hotel
Titchwell Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Titchwell

Been to The Neptune Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!