“Another enjoyable visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hunstanton
The Neptune Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 22 Hunstanton B&B and Inns
Norfolk
“Another enjoyable visit”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Once again had a most enjoyable stay at The Neptune. A lovely presented, flavoursome meal, overnight in a comfortable, spotlessly clean room, a great breakfast and faultless service! Thank you Kevin and Jackie.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

we were not disappointed. The standards of the Neptune Inn are second to none. Jackie and Kevin, owners and chef, have got it just right. The food is fabulous, tasty, different, using fresh local ingredients. Kevin is passionate about what he creates and it shows. We had the tasting menu the second night, 9 courses, perfect size, leaving us happy and contented. The scallop sushimi with chilli was wonderful. Relax and enjoy a glass of champagne in the bar by the fire before dinner. You are not rushed here, they understand the need to get away and take time for yourself. The rooms of the Neptune are calming, tastefully decorated, all chosen by Jackie. Heated flooring in the bathroom, wifi, coffee and lovely tea choices with homemade shortbread. The breakfast is the best I have had in a very long time, with a great variety all perfectly cooked. Jackie will give you the latest advice on surrounding restaurants for lunch and places to go but make sure you return for dinner, it is not to be missed. Thank you Jackie and Kevin for making us feel so welcome, we are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Room 2 overlooks the front but it is quiet. Room 7 has a separate living area.
northampton
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was a birthday treat for "the management" that earned bonus brownie points. To experience Michelin star food and in such an unpretentious and relaxed atmosphere was a delight. Kevin the chef clearly loves his work and it shows. We found dinner leisurely and delicious with the added bonus of impromtu little tasters and appetisers between courses. As others have pointed out, portions are not huge but certainly adequate and wonderfully tasty.This is quite a small establishment so booking is probably essential. especially at weekends. There are seven small but comfortable en suite bedrooms. Again, little but pleasing details such as a coffee making machine, fresh chilled milk and plenty of teas available in the bedroom all add to the overall experience. An ideal place for a special stay.

Room Tip: We were in a front room but noise was not a problem.
Crawley
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have just realised I have three reviews sitting on my PC to post so will do them in date order

The wife and I have spent the August Bank holiday weekend at the Neptune in Old Hunstanton and I am finding it difficult in knowing where to start, should I get the negatives out the way first, as they are very few, or should I just extol the virtues of this place.

The great thing about this place is Kevin’s cooking, indeed every time I saw Kevin over the weekend he was in the Kitchen if not cooking then preparing food, and it tells in what he delivers.

On Saturday we had the tasting menu whilst Sunday we selected from the a la carte menu, in between and on Monday morning we were offered a wonderful breakfast.

The thing we liked was the attention to the little details you expect good food from a Michelin Starred restaurant, we were fascinated by the tableware, for example the tweezers they gave us for the salad, small items but intense flavours, or the various jugs that appeared during different courses all added a little something.

However, I am getting ahead of myself, the Neptune is located on the busy A149 and it is particularly narrow as it passes through Old Hunstanton, so you are playing dodgems/peek-a-boo with the parked cars and the oncoming traffic.

It is easy to miss the Neptune, we drove right pass into the hotel next door and from what I understand this is a fairly common occurrence. We arrived late Saturday afternoon had to ring the bell to be greeted by Kevin, who had been working in the Kitchen preparing that evening’s feast.

The Neptune is small, the front door leads straight into a small bar area that has seating for about 12 but you would only use this area for a pre or post meal drink. There are seven bedrooms and seven tables in the restaurant.

We were in a bedroom (number 7) at the back, although Kevin assures us that after about 8 o’clock the road outside is very quiet. Our room whilst small had a small seating dressing area that both the wife and I sat in to read and or use the laptop.

The bathroom is very small but well appointed, spotlessly clean with everything you would expect from a much larger hotel, there was even a box with those personal items you sometimes forget, razor and various hygiene products, again attention to detail.

Large double bed was if anything too soft for us, but we do prefer an extremely hard bed. There was a flat screen TV and digital radio, although we never used that.

The dressing sitting room had a coffee machine and kettle, and while there was only breakfast tea available in the room, there was a box on the landing with a selection of teas. Kevin had baked chocolate biscuits if you were hungry and there was a thermos with cold milk in.

Whilst I am now posting this review six months after the visit it would be wrong to go into specifics of the menu as it has most likely changed since our visit, so these are general comments. I would classify the courses from the tasting menu in one of three ways, exceptional, surprising and plain old good. In a way it was the surprising courses that gave us most pleasure,

The a la Carte offering was in every way as good as the tasting menu and both the wife and I loved the breakfast

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crawley_guy
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed for one night dinner bed and breakfast. The whole experience was lovely, tasteful decor superb food and a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Please ignore the negative comments as the Neptune is definitely a place that you will enjoy.

• Stayed January 2013
Blakeney, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

from the second me and my husband walked through the door we could just tell we were going to have a good time, every little attention to detail had been paid, the food was just (excuse the pun) out of this world! i never knew it was possible to have so much flavour in one thing !
we look forward to returning in the coming months

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband booked this as a pre Christmas surprise. We have never eaten in a Michelin starred restaurant before and I had always wanted to do so .(The result of too much time watching master chef) The Neptune is only just over an hour from home and reasonably priced.The room(no7) was lovely even having a separate seating area and the bed was really comfortable .My husband and I don't drink coffee but were still impressed by the up market coffee machine ( a shot of hot chocolate would have been nice as we'd like to have used it ), We had the al a carte menu and weren't disappointed . We considered trying the taster menu, but as it had several courses containing nuts (I'm not allergic i just don't like them),we decided against and weren't disappointed .We loved all the extra touches and didn't feel we'd missed out by not having the taster menu. The service was great the waitress was really friendly and didn't hover .The timing was absolutely perfect the meal wasn't rushed .it took about 3 hours from a pre dinner drink to finishing after dinner tea but we never seemed to be waiting or as is sometimes the case feel the need to ask for a gap before dessert because the meal was rushed. I am not normally a dessert person and if i do order it am often disappointed, not the case here the custard was divine and the marshmallow which i normally hate and almost put me off ordering the dessert was a revelation .the Horlicks ice cream with my husbands dessert was equally delicious.
The breakfast the next morning was also lovely especially the home made bread . It would have been perfect if they had offered eggs benedict my personal favourite. The full English was however scrumptious and the eggs as you would expect perfectly poached ,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunstanton
Caley Hall Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hunstanton
Sunset Inn
Sunset Inn
#3 of 22 in Hunstanton

Been to The Neptune Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!