We stayed one night at the Neptune. The rooms are small but perfectly acceptable. The restaurant is small and the service very good. The staff are friendly and not stuffy like some Michelin star establishments.
The food was very good but not outstanding. we had the taster menu. In other Michelin star restaurants I have been to, the taster menu gave me small explosions of taste. While very well cooked and tasty the menu lacked the edge that I have had elsewhere. Having said that it was a really good meal and I would happily return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming coaching inn built in 1729 located on the North Norfolk coast and only a 5 minute walk from fabulous beaches and golf course. Award winning restaurant using fresh local food which is cooked to order. New England is the style of the bedrooms, bar and lounge. An AA 4 star Inn and Johansens 'inn of excellence' ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Neptune Inn And Restaurant
- The Neptune Inn & Restaurant Hotel Hunstanton
- The Neptune Inn & Restaurant Hunstanton, Norfolk