“Good and not too expensive”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hunstanton
The Neptune Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 22 Hunstanton B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed one night at the Neptune. The rooms are small but perfectly acceptable. The restaurant is small and the service very good. The staff are friendly and not stuffy like some Michelin star establishments.

The food was very good but not outstanding. we had the taster menu. In other Michelin star restaurants I have been to, the taster menu gave me small explosions of taste. While very well cooked and tasty the menu lacked the edge that I have had elsewhere. Having said that it was a really good meal and I would happily return again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went here with my husband for my birthday in June, and we stayed overnight having the a la carte menu and breakfast the next day. The room we stayed in was fairly small, but in keeping with the house and really well themed. We were really comfortable in there and we're treated to some home made biscuits with our room coffee. The meal itself was fantastic. I was 5 months pregnant and they accommodated me with changing some of the amouse bouches. I had the halibut which was divine and for the full meal we ate well but were comfortable at the end. Breakfast was nice, good selection.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Whilst staying at a nearby hotel, my wife and I decided to try The Neptune. This restaurant is an absolute jewel. The staff are warm, chatty and friendly. The food is out of this world but I would have like a bigger portion. Wine list is outstanding. A great place to eat, don't go if you are on a budget. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just returned from a two night stay here. Had the taster menu the first night and A La Carte the second. Both were really good, no, better than that, brilliant. Kevin's sea food dishes in particualy are a delight.

Our room was clean and bright with a really comfy bed. En suite shower very efficient. A very efficient coffee making machine plus 'up market' tea and I assume Kevin's home made biscuits were provided- really nice.

I suggest that at this level of B&B and fine dining, this is the best value in North Norfolk.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

A quaint old pub conversion with just enough covers to make it feel comfortable. Kevin and Jacqui have made an excellent foray into Northwest Norfolk with their lovely little restaurant. We had the tasting menu at £70/head...this was worth every penny. We do love it when a chef experiments with your taste buds......my wife is still going on about the crab custard with its hint of North African spices. The next day we ate at Morston Hall...no contest....Neptune Inn won hands down with its adventurous flavours and combinations. We can only concur with the reports of others, this is a little jewel in Norfolk which make it well worth travelling for.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were looking to get away for a couple of nights and found this place on the web. Unfortunately they do not open for lunch and were booked for dinner. The only way we could eat here was to spend the night and so we booked for 2 nights. This is a Michelin Star Inn for 3 years and is totally worth it. The ambience is fabulous, the bedroom though on the small side is so tasteful and clean with everything you need (including real coffee and homemade cookies) and more. The restaurant and bar area are also tastefully decorated. Now for the food, FABULOUS! Kevin the chef/owner moved here from the Isle of Wight where he had a Michelin Star and has carried on the excellent flavours. The food, service, ambience is second to none, Kevin and Jackie deserve the star!

Room Tip: Take a robe with you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spanishharlem83
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Booked a special weekend break here for my girlfriend's Birthday and have to say that I was bowled over by the place. The food is Michelin-starred for a reason - absolutely gorgeous, fascinating ingredients, beautifully presented and impeccably prepared. The owners are a married couple who run the place in a very laid-back, but very effective way. The rooms are fairly small, but they are nicely presented and perfectly comfortable. However, the main bonus of staying here is that part of the package includes a three-course meal from the a la carte menu, and all at a very affordable price for what you get.
The hotel is also only 5 minutes walk from a huge, un-busy beach so if you want some sun then that's all very reach-able!
Overall we were hugely impressed, the place is smart and delightful, but the owners show no signs of the pretension that can turn michelin-starred places into an over-stuffy, unfriendly environment. No sign of that here. Really cannot praise the Neptune Inn highly enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple