All reviewsmichelin startasting menuhomemade biscuitsfabulous foodnespresso coffee machinelamb sweetbreadsbetween courseslocal produceenglish breakfastsunday lunchattention to detailbirthday treatlook forward to our next visithuge bedfollowing morningan overnight stayrooms are lovely
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Booked a special weekend break here for my girlfriend's Birthday and have to say that I was bowled over by the place. The food is Michelin-starred for a reason - absolutely gorgeous, fascinating ingredients, beautifully presented and impeccably prepared. The owners are a married couple who run the place in a very laid-back, but very effective way. The rooms are fairly small, but they are nicely presented and perfectly comfortable. However, the main bonus of staying here is that part of the package includes a three-course meal from the a la carte menu, and all at a very affordable price for what you get.
The hotel is also only 5 minutes walk from a huge, un-busy beach so if you want some sun then that's all very reach-able!
Overall we were hugely impressed, the place is smart and delightful, but the owners show no signs of the pretension that can turn michelin-starred places into an over-stuffy, unfriendly environment. No sign of that here. Really cannot praise the Neptune Inn highly enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sby56
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The point is that Kevin and Jacki who we have only met once will stick in our memories for a long long time. We went for the food, and to take a break and a hard earned rest by the sea before heading to Norwich for a few days with the in laws.

We weren't expecting a Hotel, it's an Inn, so set expectations where they should be.

We were met by Jacki who is busy looking after front of house, and Kevin her husband and clearly a perfectionist were both very friendly.

Suzy and I had eaten at Midsummer House a few days earlier and I am being 100% honest when I say we preferred the food here. Less showmanship and more thinking about the food, all very fresh, The Lobster was amazing. The wine exquisite and not over priced.

I have still not forgotten the breakfast,many many breakfasts later. The English breakfast was pretty perfect. But Kevin has managed to get me past first post when it comes to eating prunes. Often the basis of some fart based humour the humble prune he turned into a tea a vanilla soaked masterpiece. Every hotel breakfast since has been judged by your breakfast Kevin. Eben our breakfast at The Waterside Inn and you came a very close second to them.

I loved it at Hunstanton too. The weather was perfect and the beach amazing we s[ent hours down there. The Neptune is a 10 minute walk if that and I think pound for pound the best value i have had at any food/hotel establishment.

Just remember it's not a hotel so much as an Inn. The rooms are fine for what you need which is a great sleep after a great walk and a meal to die for.

I wish them the best of luck and hopefully Suzy and I will return soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Suchard12
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My Wife and I have eaten in this restaurant and stayed over night on several occasions over the last 2/3 years. We have always been welcomed extremely warmly by Kevin and Jacki, and the food is outstanding, worthy I am sure of the Michelin Star that Kevin holds. For fans of english breakfasts...well, Kevin's cooked breakfast is wonderful. I guess its a mix of quality ingredients plus technique, but whatever he does in the kitchen, the breakfast is worth the price alone in my book!
The accomodation is also very good, being cosy and peaceful, and avoids being too modern and clinical. The location of the restaurant is more than walkable to Hunstanton itself, either by road or along the beach, and there is plenty to see and do preparing for the food to come if you are staying for the weekend.
Overall, we love this restaurant, and the food is on a different level to other places we eat, and this will keep us returning again and again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sandyandmike
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Planned a night here for my girlfriend's birthday and we have a fabulous time. Great service, lovely people and amazing food, plus fabulous room and bed!!

We had the tasting menu and Jacki (the chef's wife) recommended a perfect red wine to match this delicious assortment of food.

On our departure we chatted for ages with both Kevin and Jacki, and we will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Fatnaja
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here so many times, and always love it. Kevin and Jackie are just brilliant. The food is outstanding. The wines incredible. The ambience is perfect. An amazing experience!

• Stayed: October 2011