“It Hit the Spot”
Review of Caley Hall Hotel

Caley Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hunstanton
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This was a really good find. Some hotels just seem to hit the spot from the word go. The location is fantastic, especially if you like wild uninhibited shore line. Miles of coastline with just the waves and birds and no one else. On arrival the reception was efficient and thorough and we were shown to our room. Very clean, ample space, tea and coffee, iron and all the usual extra little bits that some chains tend to try to compromise on. Bathroom was very clean with all white units and very well stocked with lots of quality white fluffy towels. We stayed for two nights on a D.B.B. tariff and found the prices very good for the type of hotel.
The food was a surprise, it was as if it exceeded the style of hotel, exceptional quality, perfect presentation, quality ingredients and flavours. The standard menu had something for everyone and there was a specials menu that changed daily. There were no hidden extras and the choices were more than adequate. Breakfast was buffet style and again the choice was plentiful and freshly cooked, never over loading the buffet with more than would be needed. All the staff were well trained lead admirably by the head man David, who proved to be a warm breakfast greeter to late evening bar man with lots of local knowledge about walks for the next day. All the bar and waiting staff were polite and cheerful and importantly seem to enjoy working there.
If I had to be picky then it would have been nice to see the owners who lived on site if only to compliment them on a well organised hotel, but they seem somewhat recluse and don’t even comment on Trip Advisor reviews. Shame. Great hotel Many thanks.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank rogshe
CaleyHallHotel, Owner at Caley Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

I only comment when I feel I need to comment (I have commented on some! - but if you email me directly I will reply to all emails), and I don't feel I can add anything useful to this comprehensive review - thanks!
If I was there when you were then I'm sorry I missed you - with 80 people per day it is not possible to speak to everyone personally as well as read and reply to all of these reviews, and do my job, but it's quite possible that I was away for a couple of days, despite being present 98% of the time. You would have seen my wife and children at the beach most likely! But nevertheless glad to see our management team are maintaining our high standards, particularly David - the hotel is about much more than just me!

Thanks,

Arran

Reviewed May 18, 2011

Having looked at all the guidebooks etc before we set out we thought we pay over £100 a night for anywhere on the North Norfolk coast but we got lucky at Caley Hall Hotel which was great value at £39 per person including breakfast. Our room was clean, large, light, airy and had everything you could wish for. Breakfast is buffet service but was good quality and more than fulfilled our needs. The reception staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karmafarmer101
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Arrived early afternoon and was checked in quickly and shown to room. We had booked a family room on laterooms.com and were surprised with the space we were given (two rooms with space for 5 people) The room was comfortable, nothing extraordinary but as depicted on hotel website. The bathroom is dated but the shower is good. The rooms have fridges, irons, bath mats etc which are little things but important when traveling with a 2 year old.
The bar was quiet and relaxing but no premium lager on draft. After a good nights sleep we enjoyed a quality buffet breakfast in the restaurant with good, polite service.
We would definitely return to Caley Hall if in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank AlanB38
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Great hotel - modern rooms - very clean and well appointed
Booked 4 poster room - worth the small extra charge
Brilliant breakfast - great selection - top quality sausages!
Service - genuinely "with a smile"
Quiet area - walkable to beach
Local area mix to suit you if you want Michelin Star or seaside fish & chips

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PeteBl
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stayed for one night as it was pet friendly. Room cost £59 for two inc breakfast. So for North Norfolk pretty reasonable.

Sadly our room was very tired with defunct shower and bath - not bad going to not be able to use either!

TV picture was impossible to watch so we spent little time within the room. Breakfast was perfectly fine bar the coffee which was undrinkable. The charge structure for breakfast was a new one to me as they charged more if you did happen to want a refill or say decaf tea and the like.

The restaurant which like the rest of the place internally is a 1980's time warp seemed to have adopted Mayfair style prices, I doubt you could eat for less than £30 per head as mains alone were around £17 eg fish and chips £13 was as low as the menu went.

In all overpriced at anything over the rate we stayed at and in need of some major improvements.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank Crowmann
Reviewed November 12, 2010

This hotel was great in every way, nice room, friendly helpful staff and fab food but what impressed us most was how considerate they were towards my wife who is diabetic. I asked if the restaurant could provide desserts suitable for a diabetic when I booked - "No problem sir" was the immediate answer. To my wife's delight - for the first time in any hotel- she was presented with a separate Diabetic Dessert Menu with FIVE choices and told that if there was anything else she fancied, to mention it to reception and the chef would do his best to oblige. What better service could you get than that? We were having a few days away for our wedding anniversary - the weather wasn't brilliant but the hotel could not have been better. Well done Caley Hall.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The staff were very friendly and helpfull. Dining was a pleasure, the food was always hot and so were the plates, not something you get these days. Our room was spotless as was the bathroom. Would certainly recommend it and would stay again sometime in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluenose1876
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunstanton
Le Strange Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Titchwell
Congham Hall Hotel & Spa
Congham Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in King's Lynn

Been to Caley Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!