“Good, Honest food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cassies Restaurant
Description: Cassies Restaurant changed ownership in February 2014 and now trades under the name of 'COASTERS' where we serve excellent food at sensible prices with a smile :)
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Went in wanting fish & chips ended up having homemade steak & kidney pie, chips & peas and I was not disappointed, it was Fantastic!! Could not fault it at all. We went in at 2.45 pm very dreary day outside, so the place was empty but we had the place all to ourselves which was great. All I can say is that I will be back here again good food from lovely people thank you.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Cannot believe that it was empty (but about 1530 hrs). We ordered a variety of dishes, cod, scampi and my giant haddock, each came piping hot and excellently cooked. The youngsters serving it were a good example of how to engage with customers and the owner was his usual amiable self. We both smiled at my comment that the haddock was certainly swimming quite recently!!! My only reservation is that the sauces still come in plastic tubes, hence my score of high 4, a bit like a transport cafe which is a shame as the whole atmosphere and standard of the food is excellent and if you are in the area, give it a try. My 82 year old and very active aunt suggested that she could have gone two of the large cod served up, I couldnt say that about the haddock as it was very large and succulent.

1  Thank Jenks008
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I grew up in Norfolk and have visited 'Sunny Hunny' lots of times. This lovely friendly restaurant has hardly changed in years and that's a good thing because its brilliant at what it does. There is nothing pretentious about it, it serves great fish and chips, burgers and proper British food. My partner, son and I ate here this week and it was delightful. They had burgers and chips which were delicious and I had a prawn salad which was simple ( lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, coleslaw) but the ingredients were first class- crisp and fresh (no trendy limp 'leaves' here!) and real tomatoes that actually taste like they used to. The chips were the best we have had in ages and obviously home made and they provide an excellent cuppa for 75p. The staff were charming, the service was swift and the bill was ridiculously cheap. The décor was fresh and neat and the toilets were cleaner than a few other 'fancy' places I have visited recently. If you visit Hunstanton , try this place, its fantastic!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We go to Cassie's because it is a FISH AND CHIP restaurant, and that is what it does best. The fish,chips and peas (flowed by a hot cup of tea or coffee) are wonderful, the batter is not gluey or oily. You can lift the batter to reveal a beautifully cooked fish that flakes and melts in the mouth! For those with a dairy or gluten allergy, Cassie's will even steam the fish and it is still delicious. We have never had a bad meal there. The service is friendly and welcoming, very good value for an excellent plate of good quality fish and chips and a se view too!. We have been going there for years, and we will continue. Go on try it, and enjoy!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Having previously visited several years ago I didn't know whether it would still be the same quality. It certainly was. Perfectly cooked, delicious fresh fish, piping hot & very fast service. Lovely pot of tea, too.