“Graet Birthday Break”

Le Strange Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hunstanton
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I booked the Le Strange Hotel, Hunstanton to celebrate a weekend away with my husband to celebrate his 50th Birthday from Friday 20th December, and I am so glad I did. It is in a fantastic position overlooking the sea and in a quiet are of Old Hunstanton. Yet the town was 5 minutes away by car. There was a lovely old pub on site, great food, a great fire and a cosy ambience.We thoroughly loved it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I plus our two dear friends stayed at the hotel for two nights in the middle of December 2013. I can honestly say that we have never stayed at a better hotel. It was clean, fresh, warm, toastie, quiet, with staff which were truly magnificent. They were all friendly, helpful, warm, cheerful and more importantly efficient! We stayed in room 119 which had a magnificent view of the sea. Upon entry it was full of warmth especially as the heating had been left on unlike some other residence! The view from the very large window was to die for. The room decor was fresh, clean and very welcoming. The room was really large with three comfy chairs plus a really large Queen bed. There was also a very large TV and a bathroom which had a large bath plus an over head shower. The room really sparkled with all the extras that you need, e.g. fab large white towels and all the creams and smellies you would ever need. There was always lashings of hot water. It really was a sheer delight to stay in the lovely bedroom. The hotel with open fires and fine dining was to die for. Our first night we were served by a young but attentive young male waiter, Paul, who really looked after us and made us feel special. All the staff in the hotel were all of a very high standard in dress, friendliness, professional and more importantly all the staff displayed cheerfulness and a great willingness to help and assist. We can't wait to return many more times. A real gem of a Best Western Hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 119 but we would recommend any room on the first or second floor facing the sea wo...
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I together with our two dearest friends stayed two nights at the Le Strange to celebrate my wife's retirement. What a wonderful break we had. The hotel was warm, welcoming, and wonderful. The staff were superb, nothing was too much trouble, and they always had a smile on their face. The rooms were spotlessly clean and well equipped. We had a lovely view of the sea and coastline. The food was first class," hats off to the chef." I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, a hotel we shall certainly return to.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Sorry for the late review.

Stayed in the summer for a wedding, great to be able to bring the dog with us.

As a wedding venue it is great, just next to the beach and the food and the service were spot on.

Lovely location just set back from Hunstanton beaches. The hotel is a little old fashioned, but does exactly what it needs to do.

The pub next door, if owned by the same people is a little disappointing.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed there on Sunday and Monday on a late rooms deal and I could not be more happy with the service or the standard of the hotel. We were upgraded to a suite , and because I am Ill they bent over backwards to help me with my dietary needs. Years ago my father and then my brother worked there as head chefs under different ownership , and it is nice to see the standards have been held and improved so much . The rooms were very clean and now when I go to see my family this will be the automatic hotel of choice for me

1  Thank hankham666
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Just got back from short break at this hotel(having been there many times before)we decided to go back having not been for a good few years,few things had changed,for the better! We had nice room albeit a twin it was superior and we had sea views,nice and clean staff friendly WONDERFULL position as only short stroll to beach.breakfast was good smoked haddock,poached eggs were eggsellent(pardon the pun!!)
Evening meal good,if a little pricey,but then most places are nowadays.
All in all we had nice stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunstanton
Caley Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Titchwell
Knights Hill Hotel & Spa
Knights Hill Hotel & Spa
#3 of 15 in King's Lynn

Been to Le Strange Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!